SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to put the newer nav systems in 97- 850? I am talking about Volvos nav sys that they put in the V,S70 and 80 series cars. I thought that I saw a picture on this site with a XC70? with a pop-up screen.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Re: Nav System for early model 850 (DVolvoguy777)

Im sure anything is possible but that would be real hard due to the fiber optics networks and software issues.
The factory accessory price on the the Nav system is close to 4,000 installed.
Better off going with a Magellen or something

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I looked into using more affordable units and electronics, the main problem I found was the fact that the upper HVAC ducting runs right through that same spot. To bad, I was thinking of doing something along the same lines.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did a look see at the manual to see if I could modify a place for the slot in the dash to accompany the screen for the nav and there is no space for it. Just like Doug said.

So now the thing is to get a Pioneer or like the above.. a Magellen or Garmen.

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Re: (DVolvoguy777)

The Pioneer double-din unit has been done by someone on Volvospeed. However, it was a PITA to install as he had to custom make various brackets. It's not a simple replacement.

You could also go with a Tom Tom unit.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could take the Magellen out of my Stinson but my dad would be cheezed. That works great. ( but not practical for auto use ) I looked into the Tom Tom but seems a bit spendy for what it is. I just may do that when the price comes down. ( divorced with child support )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts