SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was re-routing the charger cable through the center console of my 2013 S60, I decided to replace the Nav Screen surround with a 2018 model. The 2018 Model has the chrome surround that matches the side vents. Yes, I have a slight case of OCD and wanted everything to match:p. I also wanted to address the slight misalignment of my original surround. The 2018 surround is an exact match. I wanted it to be better aligned with my screen. I trimmed the bottom tabs and put to use the mounting hole at the bottom of the surround. If fit great and looks super awesome.

·
Registered
775 Posts
While I was re-routing the charger cable through the center console of my 2013 S60, I decided to replace the Nav Screen surround with a 2018 model. The 2018 Model has the chrome surround that matches the side vents. Yes, I have a slight case of OCD and wanted everything to match:p. I also wanted to address the slight misalignment of my original surround. The 2018 surround is an exact match. I wanted it to be better aligned with my screen. I trimmed the bottom tabs and put to use the mounting hole at the bottom of the surround. If fit great and looks super awesome.

You sir, are a legend. I have been asking around about this exact upfit. Such a nice look! I can't understand why Volvo would put the nice brushed surround everywhere but there...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
775 Posts
Part number PPPLEASE

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nav Surround

Part number PPPLEASE

Looking at the invoice:

1 39836089 1 (I think it's the p/n between the 1's). The price $85.48.

I have an extended CPO warranty, and they were originally going to replace it for free, but then they back peddled and stuck me with parts and labor. I ended up having to redo their work because they still couldn't align it right. I have a case pending with Volvo USA.

Here is my Yelp review, which is pretty much what I sent Volvo USA:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/volvo-cars-palo-alto-palo-alto?osq=volvo+palo+alto

My screen name there is Vladimir Frakt. I have pics of the ****ed up work that they did.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Looking at the invoice:

1 39836089 1 (I think it's the p/n between the 1's). The price $85.48.

I have an extended CPO warranty, and they were originally going to replace it for free, but then they back peddled and stuck me with parts and labor. I ended up having to redo their work because they still couldn't align it right. I have a case pending with Volvo USA.

Here is my Yelp review, which is pretty much what I sent Volvo USA:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/volvo-cars-palo-alto-palo-alto?osq=volvo+palo+alto

My screen name there is Vladimir Frakt. I have pics of the ****ed up work that they did.
Yeah... My car has the same amount of misalignment. Would have been good if the piece was bolted down somehow, I've had to remove mine and glue it in place... Lol.

The CPO warranty is nice but I'm not surprised it doesn't cover interior work like that. The CPO brochure does make it pretty clear what is covered, that is not one of items.

I have gotten much use from my CPO warranty - transmission, front axle, front brakes, etc....

I find some things are best solved yourself.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
This is definitely on my to-do list!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I’m drawn to the visual consistency aspect of this “upgrade” but having had some bright sunshine the past few days I have to say I am finding there is already a bit too much shiny metallic stuff in the drivers line of sight.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The CPO warranty is awesome, the transfer was free and they already fixed/replaced my rear differential and intermittent door locks. The asthmatic stuff is what they had trouble covering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nav Surround

Yeah... My car has the same amount of misalignment. Would have been good if the piece was bolted down somehow, I've had to remove mine and glue it in place... Lol.

The CPO warranty is nice but I'm not surprised it doesn't cover interior work like that. The CPO brochure does make it pretty clear what is covered, that is not one of items.

I have gotten much use from my CPO warranty - transmission, front axle, front brakes, etc....

I find some things are best solved yourself.

There is a hole at the bottom of the surround piece, and it looks like at some point it was designed to be secured. I ended up drilling the hole in the dash and putting that mounting hole to work. The hole in the dash is hidden, as it is behind the center console.

·
Registered
775 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Part came in today and installed it
Thanks for the part number!

Nice! Looks good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did anyone of you remove this part of the center console?

AAE1C778-B0FD-4246-BD48-0EFA3CE6F781.jpeg

I think it is better to do so but, much more work Unfortunately. In VIDA they show it still in place during removing and refitting of this updated nav screen surround. See below.

7055B612-AB53-4C60-BB2A-672AD34EA3A3.jpeg

However, I question if the bottom part of the nav screen surround wil be able to get over this frame??
So if anyone of you have done it like VIDA (with this part in place during refitting) please let me know.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Did anyone of you remove this part of the center console?

View attachment 122264

I think it is better to do so but, much more work Unfortunately. In VIDA they show it still in place during removing and refitting of this updated nav screen surround. See below.

View attachment 122265

However, I question if the bottom part of the nav screen surround wil be able to get over this frame??
So if anyone of you have done it like VIDA (with this part in place during refitting) please let me know.
You don't need to remove that area (which is apparently called the floor console in VIDA) to remove the surround but it sure does make it easier. I actually just did this a few minutes ago while working on another project.

Here are instructions to remove the rear part of the center console, which you'll have to do first. You don't need to remove the entire console (I only went up to the first photo of post #3)

The rest of the removal will follow this PDF

Reactions: BUCHO
1 - 20 of 21 Posts