Elevate Brake Lines
IPD Front Endlinks
Ford E-Focus torque mount
C30 R-Design Springs
Koni Str.t Shocks
EuroSport exhaust system
IPD aluminum skid plate
Injen Cold Air Intake

Been waiting ages to finally make one of these!

After driving my 1993 940 for close to 5 years, I got hit. Car got totaled, and I'm still jumping through hoops with the insurance to get paid for it. I ended up just donating the car to Kars4Kids. The local junkyard offered me $125 for it. :(

In the meantime, I had the Volvo itch. I looked at a couple Saabs and Subies, almost bought a 1998 Rav4, but ultimately made the decision to stick with Volvo for the foreseeable future.

Got my 2005 S40 T5 M66 last week, picked it up for a pretty good deal, 65K on the odometer. Waited close to 10 weeks to purchase this thing due to timing on the seller's new car.

The day I got the car

First Mod: LED Conversion

Swedespeed sticker

Now, the right side motor mount was shot, made insane clunk noises while going over bumps over 2k RPM, replaced that real quick.

OLD

NEW

5000k Halogen Low Beams and front plate delete

Window Tint (35% All Around)

New Aluminum Shift Knob (Thanks for the mini writeup, MNIWT)

Aaaaaaand the e-focus mount!

I have a couple more parts coming in the mail and a few cosmetic mods I'm thinking of doing. I'll be updating throughout the thread! So far I'm very pleased with the performance and handling. Runs circles around my 940 (obviously) and you cant knock manual transmissions.

See you guys soon!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So this happened last night when I was trying to get at my puddle light for the LED conversion, I guess the bulb housing broke and the original owner had it repaired with hot glue. Tried so hard to pop it out that I ended up breaking the damn mirror. New one on the way in the mail.

Also, I was going down to my local parts yard today to look for a new mirror (to no avail) when I heard some sweet sweet scraping on the ground. Got out to find my skid plate dragging on the ground. I lost a chunk. I might just buy a new one or cover this up with some old Tupperware plastic and plastic weld joints. Alternatively, just slap a Swedish flash sticker on it and call it a repair. If anyone has a spare skid plate they'd let go for cheap, PM me please!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
:thumbup: good start.
I wouldnt worry about that hole in the splash shield. Ive been running around without a shield for 2-3 years now-- although i dont recommend that at all, yours will be fine until you get a new one or get something else.
whats in the mail?>

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whats in the mail?
Injen Intake, Moose stickers, Racingbeat sway bar, some vinyl for the fogs and the side mirrors, and a couple more LED's. I got my mirrors coming too.

I have a Fumoto oil pan drain valve sitting in the garage, waiting on my first oil change to put that sucker on.

Thinking about the IPD skid plate but can't justify it just yet.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cant wait to see what you get done to this thing!
Thanks bud! I'm really excited too. I've taken a couple cues from your build. Hoping to make it the ultimate sleeper!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
much more subtle than the yellow moose. I'm not a big fan of adding badges but I wouldn't mind some moosed-out center caps for the wheels.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

Popped off the intercooler grille and dipped the fog covers black for a little less faded appearance. No complaints.

Also Swedish flags because Volvo!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

Also recycled these stem caps from the 940. Tacky or okay?

And I know I'm bombing my own thread, but these are the vinyl tints I'm planning. Yellow fogs and smoked mirrors. Consensus?

·
Registered
43 Posts
would you mind providing a link to the shift knob? thanks!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry for poor lighting. Worked all day on her and just got finished.

RACING BEAT SWAY BAR

OEM MUDFLAPS

YELLOW FOG TINT

so far I'm really liking how this car is coming together. Gotta bust out my Nikon and take some actual pseudo professional shots.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lookie what my S40 friend pointed out to me today

Sagging headliner. Here's another $50 at this old boy. Was so close to pulling the trigger on a Mazda3 strut bar too! Being a college student sucks...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Were matching! (I have a sagging headliner too) :( Being a college student and wanting more car parts is a very conflicting battle lol.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Were matching! (I have a sagging headliner too) :( Being a college student and wanting more car parts is a very conflicting battle lol.
Heard that man. Saving up for an exhaust here soon. I think I have a Mazda strut bar coming soon also. Definitely got those college kid woes.

Anyway, here's a little something I tried to get done today but ended up f*cking up some wire. Need some solder to get it back up again but I'll tackle that tomorrow morning.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts