SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Is this a problem to raise a claim, or should i accept it as normal and accept my new car?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
73 Posts
What I see in the picture does not raise any concerns.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I see in the picture does not raise any concerns.
Thanks i was just wondering whether this should be tight without wrinkles....

·
Registered
348 Posts
YES. It's a problem. The leather and underlying foam were not fitted correctly. If it was intentional design you would see it on both sides of the seat. Don't let the dealer tell you it's normal wear and tear.
There was a technical bulletin about a year ago addressing excessive wrinkling on the front seats that was cured with a new cover and additional support underneath.
This would appear to be a similar issue and they should provide a new cover and foam or remove the cover and address the attachment clips that appear to be slack on one side.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this is a new car, i haven’t taken delivery yet..

·
Registered
356 Posts
To me that looks like nothing to be concerned about. It is leather, the wrinkles looks like what you would see from the flex of sitting on it... I mean, I'm sure you could have them exchanged or something, but really... Someone will sit on it once or twice and it will look just like that again... So beside wasting perfectly fine looking leather, I would see no point there. Not like it was torn or scratched...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
thanks guys i did not know if i was being picky or if
this is normal and other members have taken delivery of their new cars with such wrinkles

·
Registered
184 Posts
OK, I have a '19 Inscription and none of my seats have that puckering around the corner stitching, I just checked. It has only 13K miles but the seats see heavy use with a family of 5.

My thoughts:
- if you have not taken delivery and it bugs you , then have them put you in a different xc90. There are many fish in the sea
- the puckering may lessen with break it, but could also enhance, I am not a leather expert but either seem possible
- When I first looked at your pics I couldnt see the porblem. If I was a scratch, tear, or stain then that is another issue. But this is an $$$ suv. Make sure you are happy

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, I have a '19 Inscription and none of my seats have that puckering around the corner stitching, I just checked. It has only 13K miles but the seats see heavy use with a family of 5.

My thoughts:
- if you have not taken delivery and it bugs you , then have them put you in a different xc90. There are many fish in the sea
- the puckering may lessen with break it, but could also enhance, I am not a leather expert but either seem possible
- When I first looked at your pics I couldnt see the porblem. If I was a scratch, tear, or stain then that is another issue. But this is an $$$ suv. Make sure you are happy
Hi, thank you for sharing your thoughts.
-That is not a car off the lot.
-It was ordered by the dealer but sitting in customs awaiting for a customer to order it and be processed through customs.
-I ordered it because it had 98% of what i would have spece’d the car with.
So they proceeded it, after full payment and anything else would mean, either a waiting time of 5 months, or settling with another preconfigured car not close to my likings.

So not accepting it is not an option.
Maybe i should ask them to register my complaint and see if they could either ask for a replacement, IF it’s not a hassle to replace it (don’t want to tear down a new car), or record the issue for future problems of this seat...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts