SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been reading the forums here for the past month as we are looking to buy the XC90 - Inscription trim in Nov.

I saw some posts around how soft the Napa leather is and that you have to be quite careful. Does anyone have any feedback on how the Napa Leather is holding up with Car Seats? Do most of you use some kind of a Car Seat cover for the Seats?

Would love to get some feedback on this.

Thanks

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
So far no problems with two car seats but of course I use protection:
We used protectors as well. However when I was out of town my wife went to the police station to have the seat moved into another car before a road trip. The police would not install the seat with the protector, saying it was unsafe. To my sensibilities this seemed overly cautious and maybe a CYA move. You can find plenty of opinions to the contrary online, and it seems like there are many installation factors which dwarf protectors in terms of safety risk. As long as the latch anchors are tight, common sense says you should be good. However my wife doesn't want to use them anymore and it's one battle I don't need.

This was a minor consideration in deciding to go with with the M+ with standard seats.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We love those Brica seat covers. And they are black rather than the dark grey appearance on Amazon.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank You to both of you. This certainly helps.

I've thought about M+ as well, but I like the Contour seats which are Napa Leather as well in the M+ I believe. So it would end up being the same.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I have the inscription seats. I did use cquartz leather on them and so far so good, I don't feel any need to baby them. I do try to be gentle when I'm getting in but would do that with any seat really.

·
Registered
673 Posts
We used protectors as well. However when I was out of town my wife went to the police station to have the seat moved into another car before a road trip. The police would not install the seat with the protector, saying it was unsafe.
The exact same thing happened to me years ago. I brought my car seats to the police station (I have twins), and the cop wouldn't install them with the protectors. Consequently, we ended up installing them without the protectors, and there are now permanent indentations in the leather.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have the inscription seats. I did use cquartz leather on them and so far so good, I don't feel any need to baby them. I do try to be gentle when I'm getting in but would do that with any seat really.
I cannot image having Napa Leather seats and not .... using them. They feel so good--that's why I got them. I would be afraid the friction of any overlay would do more damage than good. I think I will try the "chemical protectant" procedure though. Thanks.

·
Registered
390 Posts
What kind of place do you live where the police are tasked with installing car seats???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts