SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

We name our cars and are struggling with a female Swedish name for our XC40. Our Swedish plates have PDRO in the sequence but Pedro is a boy's name and clearly, my XC40 is a girl. :nono:

Suggestions welcomed. The winner earns a Cape Cod t shirt!

Annie

·
Registered
93 Posts
We named ours LARS, a good cross-Scandinavian option for our Denmark-Sweden-Norway OSD trek!

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
Hello

We name our cars and are struggling with a female Swedish name for our XC40. Our Swedish plates have PDRO in the sequence but Pedro is a boy's name and clearly, my XC40 is a girl. :nono:

Suggestions welcomed. The winner earns a Cape Cod t shirt!

Annie
How about Olga. It's mainly a Nordic Name and given to Females

·
Registered
659 Posts
Mine is FIKA because I was so impressed by this Swedish custom, not to mention the incredible kanelbullar (cinnamon buns).

·
Registered
57 Posts
How about Bibi, as in Bibi Andersson, the beautiful Swedish actress in Ingmar Bergman films?

(I named our XC90 Max, as in the venerable Max Von Sydow.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
653 Posts
Ours named itself...

The first three characters on the temporary Swedish plate attached at the FDC were...UFY.

Rhymes with Goofy...my favorite Disney character.

So, Ufy it is.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Inga is tried and true Swedish! My wife named her white XC40 Caspar and changed the Sensus voice to a man. Everytime I ride in the car and the voice comes up it startles me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sven, after my Swedish 3rd great grandfather, the first with my surname (instead of a variation of his father's first name).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all, I will be voting today..stand by...my daughter and BF must weigh in. Narrowed it down to Fika, Bibi and Frida

XXX

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts
No Sleipnir?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
My is VOR. Volvo Ocean Race.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts