SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed that my heated seats/defrost buttons were not backlit in the center console, so I tore it down to replace the bulb. This is the bulb that I pulled out:

I have been looking around and can't seem to find them anywhere. Anybody know what kind of bulbs these are and where to get replacements? Thanks!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
$5 my rear end.
I pay about $1.50 for these at Volvo
I have about every dash bulb but these (ran out just last week) or I would send you one

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! I found another good site that has them, and in multiple colors too!

http://autolumination.com/74.htm

I might order a replacement and a colored one to try it out and see if it would look good to replace them all. They are still a few bucks on that site, but I stumbled upon a thread that had links to a couple places with them for very cheap, I'll find again then post it here. So the size I need for an '04 is T5? I might measure the bulb just to double check.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just a bit of trivial info: those are the same bulbs I found in the back of the headlight switch; I originally thought they were LEDs, but I guess I was mistaken. I'm not sure what they illuminate since the circuit board inside the switch does have LEDs for the foglight & DRL status lights. Maybe they are spares...you might want to take a look-see at them.

I was trying to find a place to tie in the dimmer for my boost gauge light (no success there).

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah they backlight the white parts of the buttons and stuff. Here are two other links that I found from another search:

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/LP-70/14V-NEO-WEDGE-BASE-LAMP/1.html
http://www.opamp-electronics.com/catalog/14v-80ma-neowedge-base-incandescent-lamp-pack-p-1191.html

Those are much cheaper. I am going to double check then order some, I might get some extras just in case there is a big difference in brightness. I may also try one or two colors from that other site and take some pics so we can see what it would look like.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The ones I that I have are T4, the base is 10mm. I just ordered 5 clear (just in case the brightness doesn't match) and 1 blue and 1 red (I figure those are the most common colors people would use). When they come I will take some pics of the installation and colors and post them. I still need to get some pics of my car up too! I've been lazy...

·
Registered
113 Posts
they are not spares, the illuminate the panel while smaller bulbs work as status lights only
Ahhh, ok. Makes sense--guess I should've figured that one out on my own. :eek:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,709 Posts
Are these the same bulbs that go into the rear window switches? One of them seemed to have burnt out in my car.

·
Registered
910 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts