SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was doing a drain and fill on my car and did the B4 servo cover finally.

As i was laying under my car and i glansed back and saw this nut laying there.
Im not sure if it is from my car or from my wifes 2000 v70xc but id like to figure it out.
Iv got a 02 v70xc.

I recently changed my endlinks (had the genuine ones) replaced with IPDs
Maybe its the nut from one of the links?
The head is wrenchable with a 18mm socket/wrench.
Its the black one in the pictures.
Then i saw this other nut.....
Any suggestions where to look?

The black nut looks like the ones on my rear end links.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Might be your left one. :D

An 18mm could only come from a few places, all of which is mounting/suspension related. If you were missing a nut you'd notice it... at least I'd hope so :p

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
The endlinks do use an 18 mm lock nut so it's definitely likely one of those. The ipd endlinks come with new nuts so that is probably from the oem endlink you removed.

You should keep better track of your nuts. ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The endlinks do use an 18 mm lock nut so it's definitely likely one of those. The ipd endlinks come with new nuts so that is probably from the oem endlink you removed.

You should keep better track of your nuts. ;)
haha yes, usually what comes off goes back in, and leftover old stuff gets thrown away, like the old end links. i figure the black nut is from the end links.
But the silver one.

Might be your left one. :D

An 18mm could only come from a few places, all of which is mounting/suspension related. If you were missing a nut you'd notice it... at least I'd hope so :p
haha yes, looked it all over , nothing sticking out anywhere on either car, probably the old endlink nut.

Im still curious what the other one could be, did not put a wrench on it to measure, but its grey in color and looks like it comes from underneath the a car judging by the dirt that's on it. ill look for the size, thinks its 14 or 16mm. could be a number of things.....

its all a little nuts....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts