SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Mystery AC function - help!

5K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  beeheadted 
#1 ·
Hey all!

So, as the title of this post suggests, I have an issue with my AC system. At first I thought it might be time to re-shim the AC compressor (performed in 2015 already), and after I did that this time around, I found that the AC still wasn't working.

At least, not as intended. Turns out that the driver's side AC puts out cold air if I set the auto climate to 56*F, but if I do the same to the passenger side, the air comes out super hot (such that I just close those vents now). Oddly enough, if I set the auto climate to 88*F on that side, the air still comes out hot but (subjectively) cooler than if it were set at 56*F. Also, seat heating of the passenger side doesn't work, but does on the driver's side. What gives?

Associated codes (per VIDA):
  1. CCM-0070 - Configuration fault. Faulty identification. Permanent fault.
  2. CCM-DD20 - LIN bus 2. Incorrect data. Permanent fault.
  3. CCM-DD21 - LIN bus 2. Signal too high/signal too low. Permanent fault.
Things to note: Outside temperature sensor works correctly. I've verified that the clutch engages and disengages correctly and that AC system is charged correctly. I've cleaned/replaced cabin temperature sensor and replaced the little box under the passenger seat (since I read somewhere in this forum that these might be the culprit). I cleaned the evaporator temperature sensor. And I'm in the process of looking for IAQS (air quality sensor) since, if I understand correctly, it is connected to the CCM via LIN.

Is there anything that I'm missing? I'm really trying to avoid having to take it in for AC service which I'm sure is gonna be a premium.

Thank in advance for your help!
Nacho
2007 S40 T5 AWD

See less See more
#4 ·
Hey all! Updates: I removed the glovebox assembly. I couldn't find the air quality sensor - in fact, the closest plug-and-play thing that I could find was one of the damper motors. This motor looks to be in okay shape but I could not get it to function (although likely due to that CCM miscommunication). Does anyone have an idea of where I can find the IAQS?

I'll look in VIDA in the meantime. Thanks in advance!

#5 ·
Okay, update #2: per VIDA, my car SHOULD have an air quality sensor (AQS) as shown in box #6 in the diagram, since my car has automatic climate control. Box #1 is the motor that I removed and posted previously. However, I feel like I'm going crazy looking for the AQS. In the second picture, the round black plastic with the white middle portion is where the motor used to be, and the AQS should theoretically be in front of that, per VIDA, but I've looked and looked and felt and traced cables and... Nothing. Anyone have any experience with this?

[emoji36]

#7 ·
Hey there! I gave up trying to fix it myself, so I took it to an independent Volvo repair shop who resorted to replacing the waterfall center console (which fixed the issue). It ended up being an expensive fix, but I’ve had AC since without an issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.