SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ladies and Gents!

First off, Happy Turkey Day to those who are celebrating it today, Second off, does anyone here own a 2023 XC40 B5 AWD Plus by chance? My mother had just purchased one recently and there this recurring "Collision Avoidance System Unavailable" message that keeps coming on every other week. I've had the car checked by the dealer and all they managed to do was clear the code and error history and said it was a software-related glitch with AAOS. But I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing it because I know AAOS has a lot of issues with the TCAM and connectivity but this is a little odd that the dealer can't pinpoint where the error is stemming from.

I appreciate the input on this.

Much love from me (and my very-much-still-software-issue-free Sensus XC60)
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive tire

· Registered
2,642 Posts
Hey Ladies and Gents!

First off, Happy Turkey Day to those who are celebrating it today, Second off, does anyone here own a 2023 XC40 B5 AWD Plus by chance? My mother had just purchased one recently and there this recurring "Collision Avoidance System Unavailable" message that keeps coming on every other week. I've had the car checked by the dealer and all they managed to do was clear the code and error history and said it was a software-related glitch with AAOS. But I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing it because I know AAOS has a lot of issues with the TCAM and connectivity but this is a little odd that the dealer can't pinpoint where the error is stemming from.

I appreciate the input on this.

Much love from me (and my very-much-still-software-issue-free Sensus XC60) View attachment 174590
Might be irrelevant, but what is attached to that spiral cord above the dash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might be irrelevant, but what is attached to that spiral cord above the dash?

Oh, it was my Radar Detector; I usually move it in between my XC60 and my mom's XC40, depending on what I'm driving for the day.

· Registered
2,642 Posts
Oh, it was my Radar Detector; I usually move it in between my XC60 and my mom's XC40, depending on what I'm driving for the day.
Ahhhh okay. Does that have any effect on the equipment in the Intelisafe housing? I could be wrong with the 2022-2023 models, but the auto braking functions work from that camera/radar equipment.

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhhh okay. Does that have any effect on the equipment in the Intelisafe housing? I could be wrong with the 2022-2023 models, but the auto braking functions work from that camera/radar equipment.

I don't believe so because the error happens whether the radar detector is in or outside the car. I thought it might be caused by it but mother says the error code still comes on when the unit is in my car. The dealer mentioned nothing about it when I took it over there. Honestly, I'm starting to believe it really is just an software glitch but it's a little concerning since its connected to the autonomous breaking function of the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts