SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
241 - 260 of 1204 Posts

· Registered
6,416 Posts
Man . . . you didn't do it right . . . you supposed to drive over the camera . . . ;)
Not a fan of the lot like passes but nice work on the exhaust. You need to find yourself some open winding roads and get a friend to shoot some rally style angles :)

· Super Moderator
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
Nice disappearing trick w the car! Wish mine could do that...
It's great in traffic, just warp ahead of everyone and get to your destination in half the time! Also good for avoiding tickets, but that may just be a grey Volvo thing. ;)

Also, the exhaust sounds nice. It's no Subaru STi with Cobb exhaust, but it's cool... Lol jk. I actually have no reference point since I can't even hear my wife's 2.4i.
Since the cutout is adjustable, I can set it to nearly any tone that I want. This was the most comfortable for a lower grumble, burble when off the gas, but no drone.

Not a fan of the lot like passes but nice work on the exhaust. You need to find yourself some open winding roads and get a friend to shoot some rally style angles :)
Thanks TG, and I agree on needing some real road videos! A lot of people have been asking about the sound, so I figured I needed to get something up that was similar to my Resonator Delete video, but the wind noise is annoying and I couldn't smoothly crop it out.

This does give a slight taste of what it sounds like, but there will be better videos in the future! I'm just waiting to finish some other projects before I share with the world.

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Nice disappearing trick w the car! Wish mine could do that...

Also, the exhaust sounds nice. It's no Subaru STi with Cobb exhaust, but it's cool... Lol jk. I actually have no reference point since I can't even hear my wife's 2.4i.
Subarus have the best sounding engine for 4 bagners... by far.

· Registered
1,869 Posts
Subarus have the best sounding engine for 4 bagners... by far.
Veto! The Subies need their engine noise "upped" in order to get a nicer sound. The factory exhaust tends to be too quiet to get any kind of dominant sound. I find my stock C30 exhaust with my 2.0l 4 cylinder non turbo very "distinctive" and neat...

Once I get my GT86, the first thing after lowering it will be a new exhaust to get a little sound :D

· Super Moderator
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
OMG I want that sound haha. Sucks that I'm a noob at modding:/ How much do you think I'd have to pay a shop to have this done on my 2008 24i?
Magnaflow Cutout, $67.

The dual tips were off e-bay, $25 each.

I clamped everything for experimentation, but then had it all professionally welded. So total cost was a little under $200, not a lot for the exact sound and appearance that I was hoping for.

· Registered
55 Posts
I really like the two tone I was actually thinking of doing something somewhat similar but with different colors

· Super Moderator
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
can you adjust them in at all?
I may cut them and re-weld them a little further back. The biggest issue is the opening around them, so the best solution may be to modify the lower trim piece. They do stick out a little further than I was intending, but the general appearance I love.

· Registered
836 Posts
MyNameIdeasWereTaken's Progression Thread

Engine bay is gorgeous.

· Super Moderator
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·
Are they equal length on the tips, not slant cut?
Yeah, equal length. The inside ones actually sits flush with the bumper trim, so it's just a matter of getting the outside tips "covered up" a little more. Another project for another day... Any recommendations? Should I push the tips back or build the trim out?

· Registered
1,397 Posts
MyNameIdeasWereTaken's Progression Thread

Should I push the tips back or build the trim out?
Exhaust gets custom built for the car body, not the other way around, IMHO. No question if you ask me.

· Super Moderator
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #259 ·
@primodevil, I thought about slant tips, but I personally find the flush flap tips more appealing.

@bootsie, This is true, however there is not much wiggle room with the size of the stock muffler and the lower trim is already cut. I was thinking of building something along the lines of this...

While the exhaust is almost always built to fit the car I want my car to look different too, not just the exhaust.

241 - 260 of 1204 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.