SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

741 - 751 of 751 Posts

·
Registered
15,484 Posts
Congrats indeed. Becoming a father will send those cars and other hobbies into another dimension.
Luckily, you have photography that you can still use!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Congratulations. Such a wonderful time to spend with your spouse. Remember to laugh and love because your baby will be the same. Very nice collection. Start them out on 1/4 ratchets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #744
I'm building a shed and picked up a sheet metal kit (8'x10' walls and roof). No one thought I'd manage to fit it in the C30. :D

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #745
Hard to believe that both of these cars are now 13 years old.

I took the C30 out when the hurricane was passing over. The debris covered roads were a lot of fun sliding around on and putting the AWD to use.
I did run over a fallen tree, snag an exhaust hanger, and rip the flex pipe in half. So now it's time to build a new down pipe! I'm thinking of rebuilding it from the turbo to the tips... I haven't been truly satisfied with how the exhaust fits since modifying the FWD Elevate catback to fit around the AWD subframe and gas tank.

The new livery is finished on the 987S. Now trying to decide between a complete new look or just a refresh for the C30.

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #746
I had one remaining R-design side skirt from my parts car, with the Elevate Carbon fiber side splitter. So I swapped it on. Much better condition than my 13 year old skirts.
A revised or new livery is coming as soon as I mold the body kit, so there won't be red or rivets for much longer.

The old exhaust is completely off and I have started working on the new setup. Full 3" stainless steel from the turbo to the tips.
I also swapped over a replacement MAF, as the original started giving me problems around 200k miles.

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #748
Here is a picture of the new downpipe that I made... It's not pretty, but it's leak free and perfectly smooth internally. Good clearance around the transfer case and about as much clearance as I could manage around the driveshaft with 3" pipe.
Utilizing a V band flange for easy removal in the future.

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #749
Finished up the rest of the exhaust. Minimal number of bends to get around the AWD stuff, but the entire system remains tucked up into the exhaust tunnel and has enough room to swing on the hangers and not make contact with anything. Plus V band clamps for easy removal in the future.

I'm really pleased with how this turned out. 3" OD piping the whole way with 3" ID pipe welded over the joints to make sure there are no leaks.
The car has a much deeper note than ever before, it runs straighter than a stock AWD exhaust or any FWD exhaust option, and it truly feels like it drives "smoother" than it ever has before.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Finished up the rest of the exhaust. Minimal number of bends to get around the AWD stuff, but the entire system remains tucked up into the exhaust tunnel and has enough room to swing on the hangers and not make contact with anything. Plus V band clamps for easy removal in the future.

I'm really pleased with how this turned out. 3" OD piping the whole way with 3" ID pipe welded over the joints to make sure there are no leaks.
The car has a much deeper note than ever before, it runs straighter than a stock AWD exhaust or any FWD exhaust option, and it truly feels like it drives "smoother" than it ever has before.

Would really love to see an under car shot of the system! Great job on this, and nice forethought with the v-bands. They are sooooo much better than the standard terrible 2 bolt flanges.

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #751
Would really love to see an under car shot of the system!
I'll get a picture the next time I have the car in the air.

Took some time over the long weekend to begin work on the molded wide body. Hoping to have this thing back to a decent condition by the spring.

741 - 751 of 751 Posts