SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
It’s a great car and as good a deal as one can get nowadays regardless. I’m sure you’ll enjoy driving it. Was thinking of ordering one myself but might as well wait for the ‘23 model. Hope they still run the OSD program then! Good luck with your delivery.

·
Registered
7,792 Posts
“an agent with product knowledge” according to Barbara at Volvo’s OSD desk. If you hear otherwise I’d be interested to know.
I guess they know the consequences of shipping crippled model to USA compared to Europe. And this time it is not wagon, it is XC90 that sales in USA is much higher than Europe.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
No one at OSD is an "agent with product knowledge"...

One huge problem with Volvo corporate is that one side does **** communication with the other.

Lots of conflicting version numbers in the PDF file (not that it would surprise me if that's on the official one I guess...), but also the Russian stuff on the bottom of the pages is a bit sus.

I have heard nothing suggesting that it doesn't have the boosted motor, including when we talked to our Volvo trainer when they were in a few weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
The XC90 went up $1000 and then an extra $1000 for recharge. But it seems you do get standard 20" wheels.

Reactions: northcar

·
Registered
159 Posts
The XC90 went up $1000 and then an extra $1000 for recharge. But it seems you do get standard 20" wheels.
Is a photo available of the 20" wheels that will replace those previously shown as standard? Is it a new design from the prior upgradable 20" wheels? Thanks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have heard nothing suggesting that it doesn't have the boosted motor, including when we talked to our Volvo trainer when they were in a few weeks ago.
Hopefully someone with product knowledge can weigh in with confirmation that the Extended Range XC90 will have the boosted motor with the driving and safety advantages that go with it, especially with regard to winter driving on snow and ice which is reportedly much improved.

·
Registered
13 Posts

One huge problem with Volvo corporate is that one side does **** communication with the other.

Lots of conflicting version numbers in the PDF file (not that it would surprise me if that's on the official one I guess...), but also the Russian stuff on the bottom of the pages is a bit sus.

Yes I agree… it took several days and at least two versions of the OSD price list to get to even that answer. The stuff at the bottom is English by the way, but in Greek characters. I guess someone mistakenly selected “Symbol” for the document footer. Everyone believes that the US model should have the new motor, but there you have it. I guess we wouldn’t know until someone takes delivery of their new car.

·
Premium Member
2022 V60 T8 PE (2022-07-04 in Göteborg)
98 Posts
Greek, not Russian :)

But I've come to much the same conclusion that Doug mentions, that for all the effort we/I put into this, we won't know until contracts are in hand or at least offered to sign.

I spent way too much time cross checking all the country sites: Sweden, UK, Italy, Belgium. My conclusion was "???". Too much variation between markets for me to feel like I could extrapolate. Then there's the MY22 vs MY23 stuff.

I wanted to think they won't ship the bigger ERAD to one market and not to another if only to simplify the assembly line but I've become progressively less convinced that's the case. Too many related changes for me to keep track of that I could easily see making it more difficult to fully swap mid-year vs just do both for remainder of the MY. The ERAD feels like a more complicated swap than the battery is.

For example, the Swedish site still specs the V60 PE with the bigger battery but the smaller ERAD even though they spec the non-PE T8 with the bigger ERAD (they leave out the spec for the battery). Maybe that doesn't surprise me given they'd need to redo the PE tune, etc., for the ERAD change and maybe that's not something they want to bite off at this time.

The Swedish site calls out the engine models, B4204T48 vs B4204T56. Be nice if we had such clear configuration.

Were I in Sweden, I'd have to decide between the T8, the PE and waiting to see what MY23 brings. I don't know what I'd do ... but I don't have to even bother to think about it. In the US, it's PE or wait ... or maybe a PE this year is out and it's just wait.

Between PE and wait, I'll go with the PE and not be terribly pained even if they continue the US PE to MY23. I deal with risk management all the time.

My wife laughs at me for all the time I've spent on SS and youtube. Fortunately she thinks it's more cute than stupid.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Dealers should be taking delivery of extended XC 60s soon. If one could let us all know what the window sticker says about this it would be tremendously helpful for the rest of us. Will be happy with ours either way. We were most interested in the battery and range improvement, but it would be nice to know what we bought! Seems Volvo is acting more like a Chinese company than a Swedish one…

·
Registered
1998 Volvo S70 T5
69 Posts
I find it hard to believe that both the extended range battery and the upgraded electric motor were announced at the same time, but only one of those is being implemented now. Volvo said that configuration would be available to order Q1 of 2022, and here we are. I would think the battery would be more difficult to implement since it would involve engineering to develop a battery of the same size physically but higher density. The motor seems to already exist in some capacity (one of the electric motors that was used in the Polestar 1 perhaps?). I would imagine the first late year production cars would begin to arrive in February, but because there may be early year production cars on lots out there somewhere, the incentive to buy them instead of waiting a few weeks for the late year might be nonexistent. But maybe that's just me being optimistic.

·
Registered
159 Posts
This from insider adaone on the "Bump in Battery for Recharge" thread:

"As soon as the changeover occurs, there will be no units with remnants of the old powertrain. Regardless of if it’s a T6 Recharge or P*Engineered, every PHEV will have the new battery pack and ERAD."

·
Registered
2019, XC90 T6, R-Design, Bursting Blue
14 Posts
This from insider adaone on the "Bump in Battery for Recharge" thread:

"As soon as the changeover occurs, there will be no units with remnants of the old powertrain. Regardless of if it’s a T6 Recharge or P*Engineered, every PHEV will have the new battery pack and ERAD."
Who is this insider? I ordered a 2022 XC90 T8 Recharge and the chassis was confirmed late yesterday for a late May pick up at my dealer.
I’m still trying to confirm this car is getting the new ERAD.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Who is this insider? I ordered a 2022 XC90 T8 Recharge and the chassis was confirmed late yesterday for a late May pick up at my dealer.
I’m still trying to confirm this car is getting the new ERAD.
adaone

But here is an independent confirmation just posted on the Bump in Battery for Recharge thread:

aerobahn said:
https://www.volvocarsbellevue.com/api/legacy/pse/windowsticker/volvo?vin=YV4H600L4N1825033

IMPORTER'S SUGGESTED LIST PRICE P.O.E.:
$ 72,600.00 (vs $71,595)
2.0L Turbo-Charged, Direct Inject Engine 8-Speed Geartronic Automatic Trans w/ Start-Stop Combined 455 HP and 523 lb-ft Torque (312 HP Direct Injected w/ 143 HP Electric Motor) 18.8 kWh High-Voltage (270-400V) Battery
Definitely definitive! Clearly the supercharger is also no more on the U.S. spec XC90 Recharge and in its place the electric engine has the increased to 143 HP resulting in a combined 455 HP just like the European models with their Extended Range consequent from the now 18.8 kWh battery.

The Maroney sticker indicates for at least the R design that the 20 inch alloy wheels are standard along with all season tires.

Additionally confirmed is Sensus connect touchscreen and Sensus Navigation Pro along with Apple Car Play. The listed 2 front USB-A ports and 2 rear USB-C ports also identified. (Assume this means a USB stick can still be loaded with one's own music for playing in the Harmon-Kardon or B&W audio systems unlike the new system in the non Sensus equipped vehicles which also still do not have Apple Car Play available?)

·
Registered
2019, XC90 T6, R-Design, Bursting Blue
14 Posts
adaone

But here is an independent confirmation just posted on the Bump in Battery for Recharge thread:

Definitely definitive! Clearly the supercharger is also no more on the U.S. spec XC90 Recharge and in its place the electric engine has the increased to 143 HP resulting in a combined 455 HP just like the European models with their Extended Range consequent from the now 18.8 kWh battery.

The Maroney sticker indicates for at least the R design that the 20 inch alloy wheels are standard along with all season tires.

Additionally confirmed is Sensus connect touchscreen and Sensus Navigation Pro along with Apple Car Play. The listed 2 front USB-A ports and 2 rear USB-C ports also identified. (Assume this means a USB stick can still be loaded with one's own music for playing in the Harmon-Kardon or B&W audio systems unlike the new system in the non Sensus equipped vehicles which also still do not have Apple Car Play available?)
Thanks Adaone! This is great news and fantastic to see the Maroney sticker on a 2022! Funny, I used to live by Bellevue WA. This is confirmed for an RDesign … makes sense it would hold true for the inscription trim? Thanks again

·
Vendor
651 Posts
Nothing is guaranteed at this point. The chip shortage is still greatly hurting production counts. But allocation is partially based on sales. Volvo as a corporation is actually fairly easy to work with on allocation. I can request a car I don't have, and currently they'll take one of my other cars and still help me fill the request if they are able. But some are just not available right now.
Couldn’t have said it better ourselves. This is exactly the process. If we place an allocation request for a custom vehicle, they’ll try their best to fill it and take a “similar build model” or swap with something else. Usually SUV for SUV or Sedan for Sedan/Wagon etc. They’re very accommodating, but massive orders are coming through, and it’s first-in first out - getting your.M name in a vehicle marked sold is crucial, as “dealer stock” units are being bypassed to fill customer sold orders.

Michael Bernardo
Director of Marketing
Steingold Volvo Cars
(401) 723-4700 x126
[email protected]
www.steingoldvolvocars.com

·
Registered
159 Posts
The Volvo US website is now down for the “build your own” feature —perhaps an update is in the works for the new drivetrain now that it’s about to hit dealers
Still worked for a XC90 Recharge. Base price for Inscription Expression $65,895 and for the Inscription an additional $6,300.00

20 inch wheels standard (10 spoke black diamond cut alloy).
Destination fee $1,095

Since no mention of Extended Range assume this is initial 2022 version. Price same as was?

·
Premium Member
2022 V60 T8 PE (2022-07-04 in Göteborg)
98 Posts
Yeah, the builder is back.

Interestingly, building a no-option V60 shows a higher MSRP (67,995) than the price list @SteingoldVolvoCars posted recently (67,300). It was noted earlier that that price list doesn't look like it got updated for the ER (build number/MSRP for both the ER and the non-ER are the same) so it looks like perhaps the web builder is now for the ER?

41 - 60 of 60 Posts