SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I've been hearing a lot of news about the extended range battery on the '22 XC90 and such. However, the local dealer that I am working with for the April 2022 OSD order has been quiet lately. I did get to know that Volvo has approved the order and but I haven't been asked to pay the 3k deposit! Then I heard that pricing changes are happening across XC90 but it hasn't been released yet!

At this time, I don't know what is going on with the order. Dealer is busy with the EOY local orders and informed me that the dealership manager will work with a Volvo's region manager to take up the order!

Anyone with the '22 T8 in the same boat?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also have OSD for T8 in April. I went through Steingold volvo and paid my deposit a few weeks ago. I was told that my order is not impacted by the delays for the PHEV models. But I don't know if my car will have the new battery configuration. You might want to connect with Michael Bernardo at Steingold, he is super helpful and knowledgeable.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have OSD for T8 in April. I went through Steingold volvo and paid my deposit a few weeks ago. I was told that my order is not impacted by the delays for the PHEV models. But I don't know if my car will have the new battery configuration. You might want to connect with Michael Bernardo at Steingold, he is super helpful and knowledgeable.
I knew about Steingold with their OSD experience however, I wanted to work with a local dealer and build that relationship. Oh, well, I guess I need to go to a different route. BTW, did you get that new '22 pricing or the existing one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would also like to place an order for an XC90 Recharge, but I think we're still waiting on pricing and for orders to open back up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I knew about Steingold with their OSD experience however, I wanted to work with a local dealer and build that relationship. Oh, well, I guess I need to go to a different route. BTW, did you get that new '22 pricing or the existing one?
At the time I placed the order, the new pricing etc was not out. So I ordered on the information available at that time.

·
Registered
1998 Volvo S70 T5
69 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I've been hearing a lot of news about the extended range battery on the '22 XC90 and such. However, the local dealer that I am working with for the April 2022 OSD order has been quiet lately. I did get to know that Volvo has approved the order and but I haven't been asked to pay the 3k deposit! Then I heard that pricing changes are happening across XC90 but it hasn't been released yet!

At this time, I don't know what is going on with the order. Dealer is busy with the EOY local orders and informed me that the dealership manager will work with a Volvo's region manager to take up the order!

I think we're in the same boat, only that I'm with an MY22.5 S60 PE. I was able to get my order approved through dealership allocation, but I have not yet paid the $3k deposit to OSD Volvo because the pricing is unknown. They can't actually process the order to get a build date, so we're just waiting on them to move forward with the deal. I would expect pricing to increase a bit because of the upgraded battery and because of the increased demand. But, I also haven't had too much news on my end, it's just due to the pricing issue. So in essence the order is there, but it's just on standby waiting for OSD. I'm hoping the they give us good news sometime this month, so they can start building them in January.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Since Volvo approved your order you may want want to stay pat so you don't loose your place in the cue. There is no reason for your salesperson to contact you at this time. Did you receive a a written confirmation?

Suggest you contact Volvo's OSD Team with any concerns and ask when you can arrange your travel plans.

From OSD site:

"If you have any questions or are experiencing any issues in reaching your Volvo retailer, please contact Volvo Customer Care at [email protected]."

Bill

Reactions: northcar

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think we're in the same boat, only that I'm with an MY22.5 S60 PE. I was able to get my order approved through dealership allocation, but I have not yet paid the $3k deposit to OSD Volvo because the pricing is unknown. They can't actually process the order to get a build date, so we're just waiting on them to move forward with the deal. I would expect pricing to increase a bit because of the upgraded battery and because of the increased demand. But, I also haven't had too much news on my end, it's just due to the pricing issue. So in essence the order is there, but it's just on standby waiting for OSD. I'm hoping the they give us good news sometime this month, so they can start building them in January.
Yeah, I am not worried about the pricing as much as I am worried about the timing. Hopefully, I can still fly there between April - May '22.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just spoke to "the" [email protected] OSD about the stat of the OSD. She mentioned that they were supposed to get the new pricing sheet in week 46 (about 2 weeks ago) but still waiting to get that piece of information. Since Oct 18th, dealers in the USA have been notified about the temporary suspension of OSD orders on PHEV models of Volvo. Although she is hoping to get the updated pricing in next 3-4 weeks.

·
Registered
1998 Volvo S70 T5
69 Posts
Just spoke to "the" [email protected] OSD about the stat of the OSD. She mentioned that they were supposed to get the new pricing sheet in week 46 (about 2 weeks ago) but still waiting to get that piece of information. Since Oct 18th, dealers in the USA have been notified about the temporary suspension of OSD orders on PHEV models of Volvo. Although she is hoping to get the updated pricing in next 3-4 weeks.
A few months ago I was hoping that I would get my car delivered in time for the holidays. At this point however, just receiving the pricing and thus having my order proceed to be built would be a gift in and of itself :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've been emailing with a local dealer (salesman I've worked with before), about OSD for a couple of days. He told me yesterday, "hot off the presses", they are able to place T8 orders -- but it doesn't sound like they have the new pricing info. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
57 Posts
One of my local dealers told me yesterday, "hot off the presses", they are able to place T8 orders -- but it doesn't sound like they have the new pricing info. Does that sound a little weird?
I have heard the same from my local dealer this week. They are being allocated T8 recharge orders (for XC60), but because the pricing is not yet available, you cannot place an OSD order until they release the new price sheets. Why that is taking so long is beyond me.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
I guess I don't know why you're asking us rather than the dealer? Not that I can't tell you about the same thing, but if you want to build a relationship with them, communication should be a two way street. Volvo has not released pricing for the extended range vehicle yet. They can't actually place your order until they have an allocation for the new T8, which have just starting coming out the past few weeks. They could take your $3k, but in the same position I wouldn't be asking for it from one of my customers until I had an actual order for them locked in. I'm sure you can find a dealer to tell you everything is okay and take your money and hope it works out, but that's not actually doing you a favor. Call your dealer and just let them know you are looking forward to any information. They'll probably tell you they don't have any. I have at least three state side orders I'm sitting on right now that I can't officially place because Volvo won't give me the cars. "They're working on it".

·
Registered
1998 Volvo S70 T5
69 Posts
I've been emailing with a local dealer (salesman I've worked with before), about OSD for a couple of days. He told me yesterday, "hot off the presses", they are able to place T8 orders -- but it doesn't sound like they have the new pricing info. Does that sound right?
That's essentially my situation as well. My dealer was able to "order" me an S60 PE from their allocation. I say "order" because the allocation has been submitted and approved by the regional manager, but because pricing is still unavailable, the order can't proceed or be finalized yet. They have NOT taken my $3k deposit yet, but they're doing a good job at keeping me updated on any developments. I will say though, I've been coming to this dealer for 10+ years and have build a nice relationship with them. That definitely helps with communication.

·
Registered
159 Posts
They'll probably tell you they don't have any. I have at least three state side orders I'm sitting on right now that I can't officially place because Volvo won't give me the cars. "They're working on it".
Thanks for sharing the dealer perspective. Most of us are keeping in communication with our dealers but it is reassuring to hear that others are in the same boat. Since "allocations" are the ticket to entry now, any insight on how those will be distributed? For example, can every dealer who sold several XC90 T8 Recharges earlier in the year count on currently getting an equal number of allocations for the same model, or even one at this point in time?

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Thanks for sharing the dealer perspective. Most of us are keeping in communication with our dealers but it is reassuring to hear that others are in the same boat. Since "allocations" are the ticket to entry now, any insight on how those will be distributed? For example, can every dealer who sold several XC90 T8 Recharges earlier in the year count on currently getting an equal number of allocations for the same model, or even one at this point in time?
Nothing is guaranteed at this point. The chip shortage is still greatly hurting production counts. But allocation is partially based on sales. Volvo as a corporation is actually fairly easy to work with on allocation. I can request a car I don't have, and currently they'll take one of my other cars and still help me fill the request if they are able. But some are just not available right now.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Nothing is guaranteed at this point. The chip shortage is still greatly hurting production counts. But allocation is partially based on sales. Volvo as a corporation is actually fairly easy to work with on allocation. I can request a car I don't have, and currently they'll take one of my other cars and still help me fill the request if they are able. But some are just not available right now.
Thanks. That is encouraging to learn.

·
Registered
57 Posts
when the updated OSD price sheets are released, would folks here generally expect the dealers to receive them first, or for them to quickly appear online? I check several times a day but not sure how good Volvo is at updating the website...may be wasting my time.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
when the updated OSD price sheets are released, would folks here generally expect the dealers to receive them first, or for them to quickly appear online? I check several times a day but not sure how good Volvo is at updating the website...may be wasting my time.
They have been released now.

XC90 OSD prices

1 - 20 of 60 Posts