SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like MY20 S60 has just been loaded. Sadly (despite multiple assurances to the contrary) Onyx Black or Bright Silver metallic are still not available for US customers. With the exception of Bursting Blue, same boring beige/grey color options, including Pebble and Birch on R-design. Lame, Volvo USA, lame. :(:thumbdown::thumbdown:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Damn. I've only had my 2019 S60 for 4 mos. This is a pattern for me and cars.
Going to check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
At least R-Design gets the choice of the lighter gray interior (though I think the configurator is mis-labeled, shouldn't "Slate" be lighter gray and "Charcoal" be dark?). That plus Bursting Blue makes the R-Design the most appealing trim line, IMO. If only the Sport chassis came standard.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At least R-Design gets the choice of the lighter gray interior (though I think the configurator is mis-labeled, shouldn't "Slate" be lighter gray and "Charcoal" be dark?). That plus Bursting Blue makes the R-Design the most appealing trim line, IMO. If only the Sport chassis came standard.
There was a "Steel" color leather interior back in 2014. Cold dreary color, very few were sold back then. I guess they never learn... Onyx Black with Blond or Amber contour seats would be far more appealing on R-design, than Pebble or Birch. And yes, I noticed that Black and Slate were mislabeled too.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Savile Grey, Onyx Black, Bright Silver... all available up here in Canada for model year 2020.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Savile Grey, Onyx Black, Bright Silver... all available up here in Canada for model year 2020.
And pretty much everywhere else, except in the country where it is actually built. :facepalm:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Other than the Pilot Assist as standard on the 2020, what other R-Design differences are there that will make me feel worse about *just* having bought a 2019 R-Design?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
839 Posts
Other than the Pilot Assist as standard on the 2020, what other R-Design differences are there that will make me feel worse about *just* having bought a 2019 R-Design?
2020 R-D gets high-level interior illumination, tailored dashboard and 4-zone climate.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I just did a theoretical V60 T5 R-Design "build" on the Volvo UK site, and of course, all of the options I really like are available there but not in the USA such as the 20" wheels, CD player (nothing sounds better with the B&W stereo!), and the plug-in power outlet (replaces the worthless rear seat ash lighter) which allows you to plug your phone or laptop for a rapid charge. Not only this, but they have much more practical, sensible option bundle "packs" than the USA site.. Whoever they have making product line decisions for the US market needs to find a different job! I'm really glad they didn't decide to screw up the V90 Web site build program when I ordered mine the way I wanted - it really allows you to enjoy your 50K investment a little more!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
scootss60;7401505... Whoever they have making product line decisions for the US market needs to find a different job!...[/QUOTE said:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm happy to see they FINALLY fixed the misleading "sports chassis" fraudulent misrepresentation issue for the R-design. A bit too late but all those letters and emails to corporate finally got them to take action.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm happy to see they FINALLY fixed the misleading "sports chassis" fraudulent misrepresentation issue for the R-design. A bit too late but all those letters and emails to corporate finally got them to take action.
on the us site they still listed as optional

1 - 13 of 13 Posts