SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm new here...but a long time lurker. I've been reading about other OSD experiences over the years here and can't wait! Now it's my turn. :)

flyvolvo says orders should have started this week for MY2020. I went to my local volvo dealer and they said they couldn't process 2020 OSD yet. Maybe mid-May. Does that sound about right? We want a XC60 T8 and know they sell out pretty quick. Just want to put our order in as soon as possible. Thank you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
No T8s yet, we are waiting for our XC90 T8 order as well. Apparently we are able to Order non-T8s for XC90/60 but they have not been given any allocation of T8s yet. Since OSD has now moved to dealer allocation based, nothing to do until dealers get their MY2020 allocation.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was able to place an XC40 T5 Momentum order this past weekend. So some 2020 OSD ordering is possible.
Where in the process are you? Is your order complete? With deposit, email confirmation, delivery date and everything?

I went in to place an order last week and my dealer told me that Volvo was switching to a new portal for OSD orders... that my order had been entered in VISTA and that my customer info was now in the Overseas Sales Application and that I would get an email with my Digital Confirmation Package during the first week of May to complete the process myself. Dealer didn’t ask/take my deposit.

I am in fact trying to order a T8... so now I wonder if my dealer is telling the truth or if they actually don’t know what they’re doing.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I ordered a V60 T8 P* last week. I am doing OSD and I have already received the digital signing package, returned it and got the executed copy back as a pdf.

I sat with the business manager as he did the order entry. He said it was new this year and wanted to make sure I was there for whatever was necessary. He took $3k as a deposit and we did a paper copy sales agreement. He had to scan and upload the sales agreement as part of the process. I was there when he got affirmative confirmation the application was accepted and I received the digital signing email a couple minutes later. It took about 30 minutes and a lot of him looking at the new instructions to figure out how to enter the order.

I am waiting for the build to get scheduled and to get the email with the go ahead to plan the trip.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sounds like a call/visit to my dealer is in order...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No T8s yet, we are waiting for our XC90 T8 order as well. Apparently we are able to Order non-T8s for XC90/60 but they have not been given any allocation of T8s yet. Since OSD has now moved to dealer allocation based, nothing to do until dealers get their MY2020 allocation.
Dealer allocation based? Does this mean my dealer can only order an XC60 T8 if they are allotted one by Volvo? I'm not familiar with manufacturer/dealer relationships so I didn't know there was a limit.

Is it normal for Volvo to give allocation of non-T8 versions to dealers and then give T8 allocations later? Should I start contacting other Volvo dealerships to see if they can order one? lol Lots of questions...I just don't want to miss the boat on this one. Heck, I'll fly to Walnut Creek if I have to!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I ordered a V60 T8 P* last week. I am doing OSD and I have already received the digital signing package, returned it and got the executed copy back as a pdf.

I sat with the business manager as he did the order entry. He said it was new this year and wanted to make sure I was there for whatever was necessary. He took $3k as a deposit and we did a paper copy sales agreement. He had to scan and upload the sales agreement as part of the process. I was there when he got affirmative confirmation the application was accepted and I received the digital signing email a couple minutes later. It took about 30 minutes and a lot of him looking at the new instructions to figure out how to enter the order.

I am waiting for the build to get scheduled and to get the email with the go ahead to plan the trip.

This is a very interesting change and it wouldn't take much thought to see how this could turn into a consumer online OSD process with no dealership participation until delivery. Both of our previous OSD orders went perfectly but there was a lot of back and forth with the first one. We did the second one with Bob Kennedy and it was as smooth as silk. If Volvos' intent is to take the dealer out of the process that could be good for us as we wouldn't have to worry about a dealers allocation being just right in order to submit the OSD. I wonder if this is where this is headed???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dealer allocation based? Does this mean my dealer can only order an XC60 T8 if they are allotted one by Volvo? I'm not familiar with manufacturer/dealer relationships so I didn't know there was a limit.

Is it normal for Volvo to give allocation of non-T8 versions to dealers and then give T8 allocations later? Should I start contacting other Volvo dealerships to see if they can order one? lol Lots of questions...I just don't want to miss the boat on this one. Heck, I'll fly to Walnut Creek if I have to!
I understand your anxiety, we are in similar boat. Not enough 2019 T8s out there and 2020 details are unknown. We are wavering back towards earlier rejected consideration of low spec or CPO Model X with uncertainty of T8 availability and Volvo's lack of response to meet the demand on them.
As per my conversation with local dealer OSD rep is that each dealer will get an allocation(not sure if its equal or based on historic data) for local delivery or overseas delivery, both come from the same allocation. This is new for MY2020, I am not completely sure how allocations worked before. I am being told XC90 T8 allocations have not been released to any dealer and no official schedule has been communicated.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
. We are wavering back towards earlier rejected consideration of low spec or CPO Model X
I don't believe Tesla certifies their cars any more...

with uncertainty of T8 availability and Volvo's lack of response to meet the demand on them.
There is no uncertainty. T8s are just very high in demand, globally; place your order early, ask your Volvo retailer to work with their factory representatives and an order will be able to go through. Some people like to delay, shop around, research and research and research. If you want a T8, this year, my advice is to place an order NOW and give yourself 3-4 months for fulfillment of such order.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I came across this section accidentally. All Volvo models are available in Europe; no manual gearboxes on higher spec models, so I will never buy one.

Profit per car must be lower in the USA even at list price compared to Europe. It's not surprising they may limit supply to the USA if they can make more money selling them elsewhere. e.g. USD 90,000 for a well equipped XC60 Polestar ?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Does anyone know if any special colors are offered through OSD for the XC60 coming to the USA? In other words, any colors available that aren’t normally offered to regular USA delivered cars. At one time I believe Mussel Blue was offered.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't believe Tesla certifies their cars any more...

There is no uncertainty. T8s are just very high in demand, globally; place your order early, ask your Volvo retailer to work with their factory representatives and an order will be able to go through. Some people like to delay, shop around, research and research and research. If you want a T8, this year, my advice is to place an order NOW and give yourself 3-4 months for fulfillment of such order.
Grecian, CPO Model X as in used with 4Yr/50K warranty.

Precisely my point, if XC90 T8 was in its first 1 or 2 years we can reason that they have worldwide demand and meeting the demand will be tough. However Volvo has known about this demand for about 4 years and does not seem to try and meet the numbers. Not sure what are the fundamentals(strategic and economic) behind this decision. We are done with our research on 7 seaters and VOlvo XC90 T8 won out over Model X which was second. However at this point XC90-T8 is the hardest vehicle to purchase. Naturally I keep wondering if it is meant to be for us.

Oh by the way, I have seen our dealer several times trying to order this car. Just past week, I sat in is office for 3 hours, seriously trying with their GM on getting this order through and decipher the ordering process for our MY2020.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Grecian, CPO Model X as in used with 4Yr/50K warranty.
Ok, but that does not make it a “Certified” car, per se.

However Volvo has known about this demand for about 4 years and does not seem to try and meet the numbers. Not sure what are the fundamentals(strategic and economic) behind this decision.

So, you think that a brand that is on an ascending pace and looking to not only keep on increasing its sales plus profits, does not want to “try and meet the numbers”?

You don’t know the whole story and I cannot get into this here. Volvo’s electrification strategy (and level of technology) is very stout and you will soon see the results.

We are done with our research on 7 seaters and VOlvo XC90 T8 won out over Model X which was second. However at this point XC90-T8 is the hardest vehicle to purchase. Naturally I keep wondering if it is meant to be for us.
If you can afford to buy an XC90 T8 or a Model X, it’s because of one of two things: either you have won the lottery or both if you are very determined and successful people. Since, I don’t believe in lotteries, I lean on the latter vs the former. Therefore, I am sure that you don’t give up on anything just because it may be harder to obtain. :cool:

With that, I will tell you that if you really want a T8 (and I don’t know you, personally), I have absolutely no doubt that you will manage to get one. ;)

Oh by the way, I have seen our dealer several times trying to order this car. Just past week, I sat in is office for 3 hours, seriously trying with their GM on getting this order through and decipher the ordering process for our MY2020.
Time to move on to someone else. PM me (I assume you are in California or have ties in California) if you want me to point you to the right direction. Let me know the area where you live and I will do my best to have someone, reliable, help you out.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
I came across this section accidentally. All Volvo models are available in Europe; no manual gearboxes on higher spec models, so I will never buy one.

Profit per car must be lower in the USA even at list price compared to Europe. It's not surprising they may limit supply to the USA if they can make more money selling them elsewhere. e.g. USD 90,000 for a well equipped XC60 Polestar ?
A lot of those inflated (for the U.S.) prices are due to taxation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok, but that does not make it a “Certified” car, per se.

So, you think that a brand that is on an ascending pace and looking to not only keep on increasing its sales plus profits, does not want to “try and meet the numbers”?

You don’t know the whole story and I cannot get into this here. Volvo’s electrification strategy (and level of technology) is very stout and you will soon see the results.

If you can afford to buy an XC90 T8 or a Model X, it’s because of one of two things: either you have won the lottery or both if you are very determined and successful people. Since, I don’t believe in lotteries, I lean on the latter vs the former. Therefore, I am sure that you don’t give up on anything just because it may be harder to obtain. :cool:

With that, I will tell you that if you really want a T8 (and I don’t know you, personally), I have absolutely no doubt that you will manage to get one. ;)

Time to move on to someone else. PM me (I assume you are in California or have ties in California) if you want me to point you to the right direction. Let me know the area where you live and I will do my best to have someone, reliable, help you out.
Grecian, we have PM'ed earlier. I am in North San Diego - Rancho Santa Fe. Will PM updates I got.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Just because Tesla stopped using the word CPO doesn’t mean the vehicles are no longer certified. Tesla’s website explicitly states:

Every used Tesla vehicle has passed a 70-point inspection and comes with either a 4‑year or 50,000 mile warranty or a 2‑year, up to 100,000 mile warranty.

Any sort of pass/fail inspection sounds like a certification, in my book.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Where in the process are you? Is your order complete? With deposit, email confirmation, delivery date and everything?

I went in to place an order last week and my dealer told me that Volvo was switching to a new portal for OSD orders... that my order had been entered in VISTA and that my customer info was now in the Overseas Sales Application and that I would get an email with my Digital Confirmation Package during the first week of May to complete the process myself. Dealer didn’t ask/take my deposit.

I am in fact trying to order a T8... so now I wonder if my dealer is telling the truth or if they actually don’t know what they’re doing.

After seeing how this worked out for jedj, I went back to my dealer and learned that my order had not been placed. I ended up having to switch dealers and just when I was about to make the deal with a California dealer a 10hr drive away from home, I was finally put in touch with Andrew Caron over at Courtesy Volvo of Scottsdale. He told me that he had been working with OSD orders for the past 7 years and had already used the new ordering process for MY20. Process with him was very similar to what jedj described, with the exception that he didn’t want to take my deposit until after I received the email with the digital package. So we placed the order Saturday for a
2020 XC60 T8 P*, and before I left the dealer I had already received the email with the digital package. He took deposit yesterday. Now waiting for final confirmation.

So if you’re in the Phoenix area, go see Andrew and he’ll hook you up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
@Lucca. Congrats, your signature says you will replace your CX-9 with XC90-T8, seems like you are going with XC60-T8- just curious :)
Do you know or can find out if XC90-T8 orders are being processed as well by Courtesy Volvo? Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
@Lucca. Congrats, your signature says you will replace your CX-9 with XC90-T8, seems like you are going with XC60-T8- just curious :)
Do you know or can find out if XC90-T8 orders are being processed as well by Courtesy Volvo? Thanks
Thanks... I definitely need to update my sig. We were going to go with the XC90 RD at first because it was more comparable in size to the CX-9 and we thought we wanted the extra space and keep that third row. But then we got to thinking that back when we got the CX-9, we would’ve probably purchased an XC60 if it had already been redesigned and moved to the SPA platform (we couldn’t afford the XC90 we would’ve wanted back then). Plus we don’t have any kids and we’ve used the CX-9’s third row only twice since buying it three years ago. But what really made the decision easier for us was the announcement of the P* Engineered trim. That one just screamed to us.

I’ve reached out to Andrew on XC90 T8 orders... they can’t, but hoping to get some slots within a few days. I can PM you his contact info if you want.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts