SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recall seeing people mention that the MY18 Sensus system was much slower than MY19....and some even went so far as to say that cars built later in MY18 might have even gotten the new processor. Has this ever been validated? If so, does anyone know when in MY18 this new processor might have become standard?

I am looking at two used options. One has a manufacturing date of 5/17 and the other has a manufacturing date of 2/18. 5/17 is pretty early in MY18, so that is surely the slower processor. The question is, is 2/18 late enough to see the speed bump?

Unfortunately the 2 cars are 300+ miles apart, so I can't do a direct comparison. Is there anything I can have the dealer check, to see which processor it us running?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I think the model year change over was in July of 2017. I did overseas delivery and they wouldnt let me go in July because they were shutting down for a week or two for maintenance between model years. I'd imagine that both of those cars have the same sensus system.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
My 2018 V90 T5 R design was built in 3/18 (based on the date on the label inside the drivers door). I have no complaints about the speed of my Sensus - camera comes on immediately as I reverse out of the garage - so I have always assumed my car was built late enough to get the faster processor.

Doesnt tell you if the 2/18 build has the faster processor for sure but Id bet it does. If it was me I'd go with the later build date

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
You could have the dealership run the VIN in the warranty checker and it would list which processor it had. I'm not sure if there was a mid year improvement or not... I only recall them touting the 2019 enhancement, not to say they didn't to a quiet upgrade at some point earlier.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Looking at the parts fiche, it appears there are "2017" versions of the IHU, and then versions for everything after that.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Looking at the parts fiche, it appears there are "2017" versions of the IHU, and then versions for everything after that.
I can't help but wonder if the faster model can be retrofitted...

The Sensus in my 2017 is driving me up a wall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts