SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MY17(?) XC90 is now online on the Swedish car configuration. 3 interesting things:

1. 3-row power folding now available (5,900 kr = 640 USD)
2. 1 extra USB, when purchasing Apple CarPlay (2,900 kr = 320 USD)
3. Price increase + 3 new engines (D4, D4 AWD and T5 AWD).

Edit: You can now choose Nubuck/Textile headliner for the R-design.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
So T5 FWD looks possible for America, since D4 FWD is here.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk
Yes, it was announced to the Volvo retailers today.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
I'd like to test drive a T5 eventually just to see and know for myself how it feels and drives but I'd personally stay with the T6 in this vehicle.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I'd like to test drive a T5 eventually just to see and know for myself how it feels and drives but I'd personally stay with the T6 in this vehicle.
I don't understand why T5 is coming - just to make the base price cheaper?

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
That's what I'm guessing, along with better fuel economy because it'll be offered in FWD as well as not having the supercharger. Maybe the T6 will stay AWD only, not sure on that but it would steer more people towards the T5 FWD if fuel economy is a 'concern' or something they look at when purchasing.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
That's what I'm guessing, along with better fuel economy because it'll be FWD and now AWD as well as not having the supercharger. Maybe the T6 will stay AWD only, not sure on that but it would steer more people towards the T5 FWD if fuel economy is a 'concern' or something they look at when purchasing.
I hadn't considered the FWD vs AWD argument. Also interesting that it has no third row.

·
Registered
714 Posts
This configuration will appeal to those purchasing/leasing the front-wheel-drive Lexus RX, one of the top performing cars in the segment, thought I don't understand why.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
I hadn't considered the FWD vs AWD argument. Also interesting that it has no third row.
Yeah, a T5 FWD with no 3rd row option would be a cheaper alternative to an AWD T6 3rd row model with the benefit, for some, of increased mpg as well. Removing the 3rd row from the T5 also means less weight to be pulled around by the supercharger-less engine.

·
Registered
559 Posts
MY17(?) XC90 is now online on the Swedish car configuration. 3 interesting things:

1. 3-row power folding now available (5,900 kr = 640 USD)
2. 1 extra USB, when purchasing Apple CarPlay (2,900 kr = 320 USD)
3. Price increase + 3 new engines (D4, D4 AWD and T5 AWD).

Edit: You can now choose Nubuck/Textile headliner for the R-design.
What's the amount of the price increase on a like for like basis? E.g., say a similarly equipped T6 Momentum or Inscription?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Where is the power steering wheel tilt option? I thought was going to be on 2017 MY??

Any other changes for R-Design? Like heated steering wheel with paddle shifters?

Too bad Swedish website is not available in English, I would go through it myself lol :D

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where is the power steering wheel tilt option? I thought was going to be on 2017 MY??

Any other changes for R-Design? Like heated steering wheel with paddle shifters?

Too bad Swedish website is not available in English, I would go through it myself lol :D
No power steering wheel tilt option, no heated R-design wheel...paddle shifters are standard on RD wheel but not on regular, and there isn't any option to add it either.

The Swedish configurator is really great! We just got Momentum pkg in Sweden, finally! :rolleyes::cool:

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
No power steering wheel tilt option, no heated R-design wheel...paddle shifters are standard on RD wheel but not on regular, and there isn't any option to add it either.
Thanks, I'm a little disappointed they haven't addressed these issues :( :thumbdown:

So here I'm waiting to order 2017 MY & really wasting my time I guess thinking they will update few things but I guess not! :mad:

·
Registered
2,356 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Is it possible that power steering adjustment has been added but is a standard feature so not itemized on the configurator? Its surprising if its not being added. Wonder if the S/V90 will be lacking it? Its a relatively minor feature but so common that its a little embarrassing that they can't sort it out.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Is it possible that power steering adjustment has been added but is a standard feature so not itemized on the configurator? Its surprising if its not being added. Wonder if the S/V90 will be lacking it? Its a relatively minor feature but so common that its a little embarrassing that they can't sort it out.
Or they've decided that consumers don't find a lot of value to the idea and have ditched it. I personally could care less about a powered adjusting steering wheel.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
+1

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I really hope so! I've had power tilt steering wheel in our 1995 Ford Thunderbird SC lol with driver setting memory! It's funny it's not on XC90 :facepalm:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts