SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please be informed that, at the end of this month, a V60 T5 AWD will be available (2.5L Turbocharged engine, 250 HP).

This model is priced at $1,500 over the V60 T5 FWD and stacks up very favorably against its main competitor, the BMW 328i xDrive Sport Wagon.

A V60 T5 AWD Premier has an MSRP of $39,400 vs $46,050 for the 328i xDrive.

It also has SIRIUS/XM, Internet Connectivity and City Safety as standard equipment which are optional in the BMW. At the same time, Integrated Booster Seats and Pedestrian/Cyclist Detection w/ Full Auto Brake are optional in the Volvo while not available in the BMW.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Please be informed that, at the end of this month, a V60 T5 AWD will be available (2.5L Turbocharged engine, 250 HP).

This model is priced at $1,500 over the V60 T5 FWD and stacks up very favorably against its main competitor, the BMW 328i xDrive Sport Wagon.

A V60 T5 AWD Premier has an MSRP of $39,400 vs $46,050 for the 328i xDrive.

It also has SIRIUS/XM, Internet Connectivity and City Safety as standard equipment which are optional in the BMW. At the same time, Integrated Booster Seats and Pedestrian/Cyclist Detection w/ Full Auto Brake are optional in the Volvo while not available in the BMW.
Cool. There was some speculation that there wouldn't be a V60 AWD because of the V60 Cross Country. But I'm sure there are some folks out there who would like a V60 without the Cross Country treatment!

Any word on what's going to happen with the S60 and V60 T6 R-Design? I know that the 3.0L Turbo is no longer available in the S80 and XC60, so that only leaves the two R-Design models that still have the 6-cylinder, right?

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'm guess you meant MY 2016.5, that being said, what else is coming out as a 2016.5 version? Drive E T6 AWD R Design?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
So what was the previous V60 T5 AWD?

My wife and I were V60 shopping in about April. I had mentioned I like AWD as we were looking at a couple of Drive-e V60's when he took me into their showroom where there was a V60 T5 AWD priced at about $39,000.

I liked it but I specifically wanted the Drive-e powertrain.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm guess you meant MY 2016.5, that being said, what else is coming out as a 2016.5 version? Drive E T6 AWD R Design?

There is no such thing as MY16.5.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any word on what's going to happen with the S60 and V60 T6 R-Design? I know that the 3.0L Turbo is no longer available in the S80 and XC60, so that only leaves the two R-Design models that still have the 6-cylinder, right?
There is no more 6-cyl model productions.

The T6 Drive-E is now available w/ AWD.

·
Registered
510 Posts
We are in the 2016 model year, what's the point in calling it a 2015.5? Are they planing to sell these at a deep discount? In most peoples mind this will be a left over car that they will be expecting to go for a big discount, not a newly launched car. Just trying to understand the reasoning behind this.

·
Registered
235 Posts
A little confused -- is there another run of 2015.5 V60 T5 AWD cars coming?

Reason I ask is I was pretty sure I had seen them before and a quick search in local inventory found a "just reduced" V60 T5 AWD, and the sticker states "2015.5 pricing."

·
Registered
339 Posts
Checked out the 'build a car' on the Volvo website and I do see a 250hp V60 AWD listed. I don't remember if that was there previously but I also don't know why it would be a 2015.5 model.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Grecian, are you saying there is a 4 cyl Drive E with the supercharger plus turbo option in the V60 with AWD for 2016 for North America??
I did not write that. Any car that used to be offered with the 3.0 T6 AWD will now be offered with the T6 Drive-E and AWD.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We are in the 2016 model year, what's the point in calling it a 2015.5? Are they planing to sell these at a deep discount? In most peoples mind this will be a left over car that they will be expecting to go for a big discount, not a newly launched car. Just trying to understand the reasoning behind this.

The distinction between MY15 and MY15.5 is Sensus Connect plus elimination of the Premier Plus package and also integrating the Technology package into the Platinum trim level.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
The distinction between MY15 and MY15.5 is Sensus Connect plus elimination of the Premier Plus package and also integrating the Technology package into the Platinum trim level.
This doesn't answer the question of why is Volvo calling it a 2015.5MY if we are clearly in 2016MY? Also, why offer the 2.5cyl T5 with AWD if they've been able to offer the new Drive-E motors with AWD on the P3 Chassis?

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
hmm.. this is new? I was under the impression that the V60 was always available with the T5, 2.5L, 5cyl, AWD. Just like the AWD S60, no?
They stopped the T5 AWD once 2016MY began, but 2015MY definitely had the 2.5L T5 AWD. The website now shows a T5 AWD where it didn't before. What's weird is that the website says its a 2016MY in the builder and allows you to build it with options (colors, wheels) that weren't available in 2015.5MY.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A little confused by your initial statement about 2015.5 V60 T5 AWD now available. In April we took delivery of OSD 2015.5 V60 T5 AWD Platinum in Gothenburg.
Thus this vehicle has been offered before. What is new about the car you mention?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Maybe this is a way for Volvo to clear out the remaining non-Drive-E T5 engines? I also thought that this configuration was already available in MY2015, really not a new car.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Also very confused by this. Feel like I've been looking at plenty of 5-cyl AWD v60s in my recent search. Perhaps what I'm missing is that they are all 2015s rather than 2015.5?

·
Registered
403 Posts
There was definitely a 2015 V60 T5 AWD. I should know, as I drive one every day ;)

·
Registered
510 Posts
It does seem odd that in mid November 2015 they would release a 2015.5 and not a 2016.5 when the 2016 model year has started, the website also shows it as a 2016.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts