SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have downloaded the My Volvo app on my XC90 and I understand it is linked to a My Volvo website that include a range of services including - and this is what I'm mostly interested in - a 'Send to car' service. This is where I can use Google Map to find a place and then just send that destination to my car instead of having to type it in again on the car's nav app. Googling for the My Volvo website I only seem to be able to find country specific sites for Europe and South Africa, for instance this UK site: http://login.my.volvocars.com/uk/Pa...te.aspx?Source=%2Fuk%2FPages%2Fdefault%2Easpx. I have not been able to log in to the UK site with my Volvo ID and I haven't found the US website for My Volvo. Am I missing something, is there any US owner out there who has gotten this to work?

·
Registered
673 Posts
So I have downloaded the My Volvo app on my XC90 and I understand it is linked to a My Volvo website that include a range of services including - and this is what I'm mostly interested in - a 'Send to car' service. This is where I can use Google Map to find a place and then just send that destination to my car instead of having to type it in again on the car's nav app. Googling for the My Volvo website I only seem to be able to find country specific sites for Europe and South Africa, for instance this UK site: http://login.my.volvocars.com/uk/Pa...te.aspx?Source=%2Fuk%2FPages%2Fdefault%2Easpx. I have not been able to log in to the UK site with my Volvo ID and I haven't found the US website for My Volvo. Am I missing something, is there any US owner out there who has gotten this to work?
I don't know anything about a "My Volvo" website, but you can definitely use the app to send destinations to the car's nav. It works quite well, actually.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
The NAV does not use Google Maps. It uses HERE maps for this. You cannot send a destination to the car through any Google service, just through the app. You are supposed to be able to do it through the HERE applications as well, but I have never been able to get it to work.

·
Registered
496 Posts
@P50GT
Search for a destination in HERE (NOT a route, only the destination). On the top right-hand of the destination information you can select "Share". Then select the "sent to car"-icon. You can either give your Volvo-ID (your e-mail address) or the VIN as the cars designation. After a while, the destination is added to your Nav library.
Please note via the app the destination is send directly to the car, via the website can take somewhat longer.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Search for a destination in HERE (NOT a route, only the destination). On the top right-hand of the destination information you can select "Share". Then select the "sent to car"-icon. You can either give your Volvo-ID (your e-mail address) or the VIN as the cars designation. After a while, the destination is added to your Nav library.
Please note via the app the destination is send directly to the car, via the website can take somewhat longer.
Thanks for the great information! I had no idea you could do that with HERE.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
@P50GT
Thanks, I'll check it out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have given HERE a try and it looks and feels good, almost to the quality of Google Maps. I have successfully sent the destination to my car a couple of times, but it takes 5 mins or more for the car to receive it after I start it. This is assumably because the car has to connect to the internet first and this seems to be a slow process. On top of this, a number of times the process has failed and the destination never arrives in the car. All in all it's a nice feature but it doesn't work for regular use. I hope Volvo can find a better solution to this because I'm not happy with the navigation system for what concerns destination input: voice recognition is useless and even the manual input has annyoing keyboard/input lag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts