SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of days ago I was going home from Houston from a graduation going south 59. Anyone would know about that roads constant construction and what not, anywho as I was going home the 2 lane road became a one lane road with those cement walls on the side. All of a sudden, going about 90, there is a steep change in road surface. For a second there my car caught some air SIDEWAYS and the landing was not the best, but hell it was fun. I don't think if my car wasn't lowered it wouldve done this but having H&R springs installed made me think... to what extent can our dampers be pushed when paired with lowering springs? Should I upgrade them or is there even an upgrade for them or is the factory ones good enough.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Re: (cicatrizdare)

You've probably already heard this, but your stock dampers will do fine (unless you're lowered quite a bit, more than 1.5 inches or so), but they'll wear out more quickly than normal. Its usually advisable to upgrade your dampers at the same time as installing lowering springs just because it'll save you from having to take everything back apart after 20 or 30k miles to replace the dampers.<p>So you'll be fine for a while, but when you start to notice things feeling "bouncy" you'll want to replace your dampers...<p>p.s. - 90 in a construction zone? nice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts