SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
That is a unique bursting blue . Glad you are sharing the transformation, motor on!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

;)

All the mods looks great. I could pass on the steering wheel tape though :) As an alternative, do you know if there is a way to remove the glossy black piece at the bottom (with the R-design symbol in it)? Maybe that would look good painted yellow?

How do you like the Heico Exhaust by the way? Do you notice any performance gains?
Haha, the tape will (probably) be taken down if/when I get sick of it. :D No idea about the bottom piece, sorry.

It's just the tips actually.. thought hard about it, and decided at this point in life, I can live without the droning of an aftermarket muffler.

·
Registered
367 Posts
- remember that tune - Motoring!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Haha, the tape will (probably) be taken down if/when I get sick of it. :D No idea about the bottom piece, sorry.

It's just the tips actually.. thought hard about it, and decided at this point in life, I can live without the droning of an aftermarket muffler.
Same here. Although I am intrigued by the Heico with the flap control, so you can somewhat tone it down if you don't want the angry growl all the time.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Oh, forgot to mention a happy side-effect - the tailpipe kit comes with the 2 tips and the 2 connecting Y-pipes, so the stock RHS flap/actuator is redundant. My exhaust shop had it tied securely under fyi.

So now, the car has a (very) slightly heightened bauble at idling and driving. :) According to them, that flap is to help at low-end but very negligible effect in the real world.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Most of the public lots are ok length-wise, though frequently their width seems to be catered for the comparatively petite dimensions of a typical '80s car. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi @axl886

I will soon take delivery of new V90 T6R, unusually excited to get a Volvo after long family loyalty with Lexus. Your posts did have a bit of influence in this decision.

Did you get any grief from Wearnes by changing stock wheels while still under warranty and tied to dealer service? I'm hearing many stories but these are not from actual SG Volvo owners...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Hi monst3r, wow.. so now I can considered an "influencer"? Hah.

Congrats, you must be excited! What colour is it? Actually I changed wheels and springs, plus added spacers not long after delivery. No problems thus far during servicing, that said, I hadn't need to claim any suspension-related stuff, so...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Haha, seeing the mod potential with your build sealed the deal for me.

My color is Denim Blue and if it works out should take delivery just before Chinese New Year. First thing to change are stock wheels, sound system next as I'm a bit bummed it couldn't be spec'd with Bowers & Wilkins.

Hi monst3r, wow.. so now I can considered an "influencer"? Hah.

Congrats, you must be excited! What colour is it? Actually I changed wheels and springs, plus added spacers not long after delivery. No problems thus far during servicing, that said, I hadn't need to claim any suspension-related stuff, so...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Yo, how's everyone dealing with the COVID-19? Been working from home for past couple of weeks. Only drive out for short trips once or twice (rarely) weekly.

Cooped up at home too long so decided to go for a 50km blast this morning! Here are some pics:

Stay safe y'all.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Always welcome pics from your side of the world with the Bursting estate. Glad you and the family doing well. Been on lockdown at home with family since 3/13 and still staying sane . I only drive the estate once a week if I make my way into the office. Stay clean & safe

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 · (Edited)
What's up everyone? Life here is gradually going back to normal (except for: mandatory masks on when out, gathering of not more than 5 outside and to work-from-home unless absolutely necessary) but international travel is still a big no-no. Please continue to mask up and stay safe!

In the meantime, some pics after a weekend wash and tyre cream dressing applied. ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
What's up people? Hope everyone is staying safe amongst the pandemic, hopefully normality will prevail soon.

No further mods done to my wagon... but she did acquire a mate (= friend, NOT procreation partner) a few months back. 😎

·
Registered
367 Posts
Surviving in sunny SoCal and liking the other ride. Liking the Porsche next to Bursting blue. Now you really get to take the curves

Reactions: axl886

·
Registered
30 Posts
What's up people? Hope everyone is staying safe amongst the pandemic, hopefully normality will prevail soon.

No further mods done to my wagon... but she did acquire a mate (= friend, NOT procreation partner) a few months back. 😎

Nice choice. I'm surprised by the number of people with Volvos and P Cars on here. Myself, I've got a V90 and a 2013 Carrera S Cab.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Not being terribly active here lately... but thought I'd refresh the look of my wagon.

Inspiration is the famous Volks bronze finish:

Not an exact match, but I'm happy for now. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Few more shots today with better lighting:

Also had my front lip carbon vinyl-wrapped, as I was quite sick of touching up periodically due to stone chips:

Did the same for the roof spoiler, cos matchy-matchy! ;)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Another style and look but just as nice on the Bursting.

121 - 138 of 138 Posts