SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The power window driverside is working properly when ignition key is turn on, unfortunately when engine is running the power window driverside will out of order. The others remaining sides are working fine.

Need someone consult.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What does the window do? Doesn't move at all or is the auto-up / auto-down feature misfunctioning?
This is an important place to start. I battled a passenger window that would only auto up to a point then go back down. Silicone lube on qtips to the felt the window rides up resolved the issue (after regreasing and swapping out the clips didn’t).

OP we need a bit more info to start making proper suggestions.

·
Registered
50 Posts
For the auto-up /down malfunction, sometimes have to pull the fuse to reset. I just had to do this (and, NTXC, I don't envy you swapping the clips! I had some nice scratches on my arm when I did that!).

Forgive me from copying from someone else's post but I just clipped the instructions from that person's post to save in my "fix list":
1. Engage the auto-down function and remove fuse 11C/5 (for driver's side) or 11C/4 (for passenger side) (located in the driver's side dash fusebox) during window movement.
2. Install fuse back into position.
3. Engage the auto-up function and hold it engaged for 5 seconds after the window has reached the fully closed position.

·
Registered
17,855 Posts
THIS. If this is OP issue, then this works every time.
The clips inside the door panel also can break. Hopefully that's not the issue but I understand it is relatively simple to rectify (simple being a very relative term).
For the auto-up /down malfunction, sometimes have to pull the fuse to reset. I just had to do this (and, NTXC, I don't envy you swapping the clips! I had some nice scratches on my arm when I did that!).

Forgive me from copying from someone else's post but I just clipped the instructions from that person's post to save in my "fix list":
1. Engage the auto-down function and remove fuse 11C/5 (for driver's side) or 11C/4 (for passenger side) (located in the driver's side dash fusebox) during window movement.
2. Install fuse back into position.
3. Engage the auto-up function and hold it engaged for 5 seconds after the window has reached the fully closed position.

·
Registered
2007 V70 2.5T FWD
170 Posts
...it is relatively simple to rectify (simple being a very relative term).
It's not too bad. I replaced the sliders in both front doors, and found the old ones chipped and needing lube. The window mechanism did operate more smoothly after that. The sliders come with clips as I recall, and weren't very expensive from IPD. I noticed Swedish Motors sells them on eBay, too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
When my clip broke on driver's side (lesson learned, be sure your suction-cup sun screen thingee is off before you idiotically roll the window down like I did!), local dealer quoted $960 to fix it as the regulator arm was slightly bent and they said I needed to replace that too. I bought the clips (slider and clip are one piece as I remember) for $7 each (P/N 3509416) at the dealer's parts department and went home and did it myself, bending the regulator arm back. Its worked fine ever since, even though the dealer said that the entire car will fall apart into tiny exploding pieces if I do not pay them to replace every part that they say. Good to keep a couple of the clips on hand, as another window's clip may break at any time. I used lithium spray lube on the rails.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What does the window do? Doesn't move at all or is the auto-up / auto-down feature misfunctioning?
Intermittence occured as explain on earlier, when engine is not start it works as usual. But when engine is start and run, it will not work. If the engine is stop and the iginition key is at "on" position, the power window on driver side is work as usual again.

This is weird problem.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I recall reading a forum somewhere where something like this was related to the master window switch. The fix was to clean the switch contacts the theory being that them being dirty resulted in excess resistance and that the current available when other things in the car were running was not enough to voltage/current to overcome this resistance. Sounds possible and might explain the working when not running but not when running. Also, are your battery, alternator and voltage regulator and grounds OK? Or maybe the window motor?

Reactions: ZZZZZZZ
1 - 9 of 9 Posts