SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys! Directly from Norway, Scandinavia

New guy at your arena, hopefully that's no problem!
(Like getting in to a new class at school hehe)

Since this is not a common type of engine, and a patrolcar in the US I'd like to show it to you.

It is a 2005 model, with a 2 liter turbocharged 5cyl engine, standard with 180bhp/240Nm
This car was built at Volvo Special Vehicle at Torslanda Factory in Gothenburg, before delievered to the Norwegian Traffic Police unit.
It has an different engine setup, quicker spool-up, etc, stronger swaybars, shocks and springs, 143A generator, 17" heavy duty brakes, nivomat, laminated safetyglas at all four doors, precabeled for police equipment and warninglights amongst many specs.

This is how it looked when it was a Police car.

So, I bought it. Of course stripped from logos and stripes, equipment and bluelights.

I have done some upgrades and mods on it, and more will come.

Here I just got it in

Swapped the dull stereo with a Pioneer unit, new door speakers and a flatwoofer

The office

Flatwoofer

Since the rear wiper was dead, I removed it and replaced it with this wipercover.

Cleaned!

And to get rid of the valnutpattern interior I wrapped them with some "new Volvo" look vinyl.

And as today the car look just like this:

Here with the wintersetup, Orestes w/ Nokian Hakkapeliitta 5 studded tires.

Hope you enjoy this!
Feel free to ask, and I'll update you when it's some overseas news :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These P2 chassis Volvos are very resistant, compared to many other brands. Bulit in a country with all kinds of weather and climate.

They are using very much salt here, from mid october too march/april. About 200tonnes of salt each year, which is a lot for our little country. :)

Hope you are satisfied with your XC, fantastic car I think!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I know the swedes and UK policecars was delievered with these on demand, but here they mounted the flashlights on the right side wall of the centre console, in front of the pass seat.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I love that vinyl wrap! Very modern and understated.

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
Pretty cool, I haven't seen those wheels before, they look good. I don't think they came on any US models, or if they did they were rare.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!
These are my favourites wheels in 17" OEM wheels. Standard delievered on Police vehicles.
So glad they was on the car when I bought it :)

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
They're called Almetheas
Did you even look? Those are not Amaltheas.

Every USA T5 for the first 4 years came with Amaltheas. I know what amaltheas are, I have them on my own car for winter wheels.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you even look? Those are not Amaltheas.

Every USA T5 for the first 4 years came with Amaltheas. I know what amaltheas are, I have them on my own car for winter wheels.
Same over here with the T5's. Not a very common car here due to prices. I had a S60 T5 once, great car and engine. Also had this earlier

·
Registered
407 Posts
To muddy the waters- my CDN-market 01 T5M came factory with 16in Metis, just like UK-spec police cars. Amaltheas, and the rear spoiler, were optional. I swapped in a set of Amaltheas running stock-sized 235/45-17s, but did not like the ride on ON roads. So swapped again for 16in Sirius wheels running (again) stock-sized 215/55-16s, same as on my original Metis wheels.

Clear? ;)

/And today I saw an S60 2.5T on Orestes. Canadian market car.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Pretty cool, I haven't seen those wheels before, they look good. I don't think they came on any US models, or if they did they were rare.
They were oem on 2005 v70 T5 in the US. So, yes, probably fairly rare in the states. Nice looking wheel. I picked up a great set over the summer to replace the trashed amaltheas on our '04.

·
Registered
407 Posts
1. Antherzoll noted <i>exactly</i> the same point I was interested in: the driver's seat flashlight holder. Anyone got a part number for that thing?; a 3Dcell MagLite would be perfect in that spot; and

2. The Norwegian Politi spec'd the rear spoiler? LOL- we discussed this thing when I wrote up an "install FYI" here last year. I guess they placed more reliance on SE engineering than I and my mates did :confused:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yup...

000038 REAR SPOILER
000114 POWER CHILDLOCK REAR DOOR
000438 GDL HEADLIGHTS
998116 POLICE BASIC FERNO NORWAY
998751 POLICE BASIC OUTFIT,

1 - 20 of 78 Posts