SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the truck came in on friday and i picked it up yesterday. don't have many miles behind the wheel yet, but i am thoroughly impressed with it so far. the twin-scroll turbo is highly efficient and makes power everywhere in every gear. the ohlins are as outstanding as i remember from my test drive a couple of months back and the six-piston brembos are rock solid. it's deceptively fast and gains speed effortlessly. although i wish there was a manual option, i'm not losing sleep over the automatic. all things you owners already know.

this is what the STI wishes it was. fast, awd, outstanding handling capabilities and luxurious. you can make an STI stupid fast and ride on rails, but it will never overcome that interior. i've never owned a car with as nice of fit, finish and materials as this, so it's a new experience for me.

i fancy myself a strong hobbyist photographer, so of course i had to run out and get some pics of her this morning.

Volvo V60 Polestar by Brad White, on Flickr

·
Registered
160 Posts
You finally got it! Congratulations and great pics.. I look forward to seeing more. I especially like that second rear quarter shot. The rear angle view seems rather tricky to photograph with this car but it looks gorgeous in that picture.

The more I drive my Polestar, the more I've come to appreciate it. I hope that you do as well and best of luck.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Beautiful ride and beautiful shots! I'm just getting into automotive photography :)

White's growing on me, the black mirror caps and grille really help this. Can't tell if the windows are tinted and do you planning on getting the roof wrapped in black?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Lovely pics! Lovely car! Congrats man!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, all! Glad to finally be a legit owner. The car is tinted at 35% all around. I don't like the look of 20% around the back, so I stuck with the 35%.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Thanks, all! Glad to finally be a legit owner. The car is tinted at 35% all around. I don't like the look of 20% around the back, so I stuck with the 35%.
Gotcha. Looking at the pics through my phone I can tell it's surely tinted. I'm running 20% rear, and on a black car it would have been nice to run 20% front as well but regulations stopped me.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,739 Posts
good grief that white looks good. great shots.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Glad to have another Texas P*!
Where are you located?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad to have another Texas P*!
Where are you located?
Way up in NW Plano. Bought from Park Place Volvo. Superlative buying experience. You?

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Way up in NW Plano. Bought from Park Place Volvo. Superlative buying experience. You?
I also bought mine from Park Place. I've been their customer for years.
The whole experience was great and a lot of fun.

The Dallas Morning News is a customer of mine; are you near their plant - Coit and Plano Pkwy?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I agree with this decision, on a dark-colored car, 20% would be fine. But on a lighter car, it starts looking silly. 35% is the way to go. And your wagon is hot!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Now, I wish, I bought the P* at my local dealership. O'well, once I'm done with my lease on my V60 RD, I'll look for a new P*. Maybe a V90 in 3 years or a new V60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I also bought mine from Park Place. I've been their customer for years.
The whole experience was great and a lot of fun.

The Dallas Morning News is a customer of mine; are you near their plant - Coit and Plano Pkwy?
further north than that... 121 and independence north.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
further north than that... 121 and independence north.
I used to spend a lot of time not too far from you guys in my Telsa days. I would stay in Addison and then travel to all of the surrounding areas doing test drives in the Roadster.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts