SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does the new V40 suit a small family of three?
How is it to drive?
How does it look in Ice White on Mannan and Segomo alloys?
Is the boot large enough?

Check out my blog on my new V40 T4 Momentum. You will find my personal reviews, photo sessions and reports covering daily life with my V40. The purpose of the blog is to make life easier for people interested in the new V40, including small families, such as mine.

The blog has been viewed more than 15 000 times during first month of existence.

I hope you like it:

http://www.myv40.com

Some photos from my blog:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Loved reading every post. It's excellent! :D I hope to keep reading more of this!

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Well done and your V40 looks absolutely stunning!

You have 2 sets of wheels?

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Nice! thx for the link...

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SHIP ME ONE!!!!

The only thing I'd do is change the headlight top outline with some high quality white vinyl.
I'm tired of the bugs trend for headlights. . .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Glad you like it.

Unfortunately, Volvo has currently no plans to bring the V40 to the U.S. market. I just read on Carscoop that a market analysis conducted by Volvo showed there is not enough interest in the V40 in the U.S.

Looking on my blog audience, you can draw a different conclusion. My blog is most popular in Poland, followed by Sweden. The former, mainly because I live there and because my blog has been noticed twice on the official Facebook fan page of Volvo Cars in Poland. The latter, because Sweden is the home market of Volvo and I am active on the Swedish Volvo forum, as I speak Swedish. On third position is the Netherlands - high interest reflected in high V40 sales on the local market. U.S is on fourth position, in terms of page views. Thus, based on my audience, I would say the interest in the V40 is high. Is it high enough?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Glad you like it.

Unfortunately, Volvo has currently no plans to bring the V40 to the U.S. market. I just read on Carscoop that a market analysis conducted by Volvo showed there is not enough interest in the V40 in the U.S.

Looking on my blog audience, you can draw a different conclusion. My blog is most popular in Poland, followed by Sweden. The former, mainly because I live there and because my blog has been noticed twice on the official Facebook fan page of Volvo Cars in Poland. The latter, because Sweden is the home market of Volvo and I am active on the Swedish Volvo forum, as I speak Swedish. On third position is the Netherlands - high interest reflected in high V40 sales on the local market. U.S is on fourth position, in terms of page views. Thus, based on my audience, I would say the interest in the V40 is high. Is it high enough?
A couple of the people in SS who sell Volvos say that people have come into their dealership looking for a car like the V40 and V60 so the interest for a a 5 door hatchback and/or a compact wagon are definitely there.

·
Registered
'15.5 Volvo V60 Cross Country
442 Posts
Many thanks Hasofy for your post and blog...great description of the V40. If Volvo USA brings it, I"ll definitely consider it as a future replacement for our V50.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Love to hear you like it.

Volvo might revise it's U.S. strategy. If you can downsize, as the V40 is slightly smaller than the V50, it's definitely a worthy replacement to consider.

Many thanks Hasofy for your post and blog...great description of the V40. If Volvo USA brings it, I"ll definitely consider it as a future replacement for our V50.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Love to hear you like it.

Volvo might revise it's U.S. strategy. If you can downsize, as the V40 is slightly smaller than the V50, it's definitely a worthy replacement to consider.
That gives hope for us here. For me its a perfect way to step up w/o getting a bigger car and it would also appeal to more buyers since its more practical. How's the flexibility of the boot by the way? does the back seat fold down 60/40 or 40/20/40?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Yeah, that is how I reasoned when I chose the V40. If you want versatility in a small vehicle without compromising on sleek design, the V40 should be on your short list, if Volvo brings it to the U.S. market.

The seats fold down only 60/40, which is a shame. Despite this, the boot is quite flexible, as seen in my review:

http://www.myv40.com/2012/11/boot-from-small-family-perspective.html

That gives hope for us here. For me its a perfect way to step up w/o getting a bigger car and it would also appeal to more buyers since its more practical. How's the flexibility of the boot by the way? does the back seat fold down 60/40 or 40/20/40?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yeah, that is how I reasoned when I chose the V40. If you want versatility in a small vehicle without compromising on sleek design, the V40 should be on your short list, if Volvo brings it to the U.S. market.

The seats folds down only 60/40, which is a shame. Despite this, the boot is quite flexible, as seen in my review:

http://www.myv40.com/2012/11/boot-from-small-family-perspective.html
thats quite a flexible cargo area. Makes me want it even more, hehe. Hopefully they change their minds about the V40. The other car I'd like is the Giulietta with a DCT and am hoping Alfa brings it to the US when they finally return (any day now lol).

·
Registered
30 Posts
I imagine those go together quite well. Which colour is it? A white V40 and a black Giuletta would look great together. That second one is definitely a car I'd consider as a second car.

Also, your V40 looks great. I like the photos, but it looks like you do some photo-editing afterwards? Some vignetting and upping the contrast and black-values?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Giulietta was red, so they did not look that good together.. I would prefer the Giulietta in white or black.

Glad you like the photos. Yes, as you have noticed I have post processed the photos, in Aperture. I use some downloaded presets, tweak them a little and finally sharpen parts of the images, to make them look better than straight from the camera. Though, I only do minor post processing, to keep the photos realistic.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The Giulietta in black or white does look very nice. It and the V40 work very well with lighter colors and it really makes them pop out even more. I read on a Allpar that Chrysler is getting a 5 door hatchback based on the Giulietta/Dart platform, hopefully it looks decent and drives good lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would definitely like to see a V40 or 50 in US. I am on my 3rd. It looks like Volvo would like my next car be a small wagon from Audi. Will also miss the OSD process.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts