SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I knew that by seeing alot of other people posting not too recently about gettin their cars hit, that it would be my turn next! And tonight it happend. I backed my car into a parking spot out side of this restaurant and when I came back out I noticed that my car was crooked. I know Im a good driver and that I didnt park my car crooked as opposed to the cars around me, but they were all gone. So I figured they had parked crooked and I just parked next to them crooked also...

Well about half way back to my dorm I hear this scrapping noise from my front left fender well, and I thought Id gotten a stick in it and it was rubbing the well. But the noise continued up the parking garage and when I parked my car, I got out and saw that the front fender had been smashed in pretty damn good! ERR! Hit and Run...

Got the cops involved and maybe I can get insurance to cover it cause Im going to need a new front bumber and a new left front fender... ugh!!! I just filled out the Police Report and well see how it goes!

Just not my night!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Re: (Marcus)

Sorry to hear that.. but ya.. i had sth like this happended to me too
I had my car for like 1 and a half months.. I left my car on the streets and played ball.. when i came back for my car.. i realized my left fender seriously dented.. i was lucky it was only 1 panel.. but it sucked so bad

·
Registered
323 Posts
must be something about S40's ... attraction? who knows!

mine was in a carpark and when i got out the cinema, i notice the prestine silver was marked . green car with black bumper,left a nice dent and scrape.

nevermind, only got the car till friday and i pick up the 2.4 s40

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (Akash)

Where is a good place to buy OEM bumpers and fenders? Lol... would the Evolve Front Bumper be cheaper??? Any help would be great!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Re: (Akash)

Quote, originally posted by Akash »
must be something about S40's ... attraction? who knows!

mine was in a carpark and when i got out the cinema, i notice the prestine silver was marked . green car with black bumper,left a nice dent and scrape.

nevermind, only got the car till friday and i pick up the 2.4 s40

Oof. Hopefully they will still do the deal!

G

·
Re: My Turn! (s40boy)

They have parking sensors...how about surveillance cameras! It would be worth a few bucks just to catch even ONE person messing with my car. It would be expensive and paranoid, but it makes me happy thinking I could bust the guy who did it.

Sorry about your car, s40boy. I am sad on your behalf. I have a black one, too, so I feel the pain.

·
Registered
77 Posts

Sorry to hear about your car man....I feel your pain because i got hit last night, same side. Also my wheel is all scraped up. It happend in the parking lot at work and no one saw anything....really sucks.

You guys think the local ding shop can fix this or do i need to get a whole new fender?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts

Sorry to hear. I had a hit & run and the same type of damage about two weeks ago. Here are the pictures. My car is still in the shop.

Best of luck! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
321 Posts
Re: My Turn! (Razor1973)

I got sandwiched in between an X5 and a pathfinder a while back. I don't know if anybody remembers that. Also, I couple of months ago a had a little run in with a concrete barrier. Took a turn a little bit too fast for the stock Michelin's to handle. Sucks, but I feel your pain dude.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts