SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys.

Car has 185K and 10 years old. This morning driving into work, all of a sudden after about 10 miles, the car started having a hesitation at low revs (~600-800) in drive and R. It's only there when the RPMs are low. It just starts to shudder and you can feel it struggling with the tachometer fluctuating up and down by ~100. We had some heaving raining here all day yesterday. Idk if that could add to anything..

FPS was replaced about two years ago. I assume that's fine, but I'll check the pressure.

I know a few others around my age have been having some fuel pump issues. Would this be indicative of one? I haven't hooked it up to VIDA yet. I'll do that when I get home.

Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey guys.

Car has 185K and 10 years old. This morning driving into work, all of a sudden after about 10 miles, the car started having a hesitation at low revs (~600-800) in drive and R. It's only there when the RPMs are low. It just starts to shudder and you can feel it struggling with the tachometer fluctuating up and down by ~100. We had some heaving raining here all day yesterday. Idk if that could add to anything..

FPS was replaced about two years ago. I assume that's fine, but I'll check the pressure.

I know a few others around my age have been having some fuel pump issues. Would this be indicative of one? I haven't hooked it up to VIDA yet. I'll do that when I get home.

Thanks!
My FPS went out last spring while on a drive to the coast. I was able to limp it through the redwoods, and get the part at some excessive premium from a small town napa. Installed in the parking lot, and problems were gone! Fuel pump still seems to be okay!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could be MAF also.
Yes. I'm thinking it's a vacuum issue. Of course the problem is being intermittent, so it'll be a pain to diagnose. I'll hook up to a data logger for a bit and see what happens. I'll keep this thread posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts