SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Awesome! Tempting... just 2-1/2 hours from my house.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup:

Looks like a lot of fun. I would also like to know the mods on your car. Nice shift knob too!!

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
that g8 had so much body roll and the way tht thing was getting air over bumps loll

Good job over all! looks sick

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that g8 had so much body roll and the way tht thing was getting air over bumps loll

Good job over all! looks sick
Thanks, the G8 is actually catching air because the way the track is laid out- if you hit the apex right when getting onto the straight your whole car will skip sideways (you can see the G8 do this). Also on the other side of the track is a hill they call the ski-jump and if you have enough power and don't hit the brakes the whole car launches off the ground. It is very scary because there is a turn right after the jump.

Good memory. Even after I installed a new air dam it is still getting hot around the third lap at Grattan. I had to shut it down and run about 70% for the last couple laps on each session to keep it off the red mark- no lights on the dash, just playing it safe.

I'm still not sure what to do about the overheating and haven't got the heart to make the bumper vents yet. If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Work hard, play hard- not the fastest car but I had a lot of fun
That looks like you're having a blast. I hope to be tracking soon. Is your caR stock or mod'ed?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That looks like you're having a blast. I hope to be tracking soon. Is your caR stock or mod'ed?
A few modifications-

Custom 3inch full exhaust
Custom 3inch intake
Elevate/Autotech Tune (20psi)
IPD Upper Torque Mount
IPD Silicone Boost Tube (black)
Viva Front Mount Intercooler with 2.5 inch piping
IPD HD Ignition Coils

Elevate Rear Sway Bar
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
XC90 Strut Mounts
Powerflex Control Arm Bushings
Eurosport Tuning Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Bar

ATE Blue Racing Brake Fluid

IPD Grill
05+ Front Bumper Cover
05+ Upper Side Trim
VST carbon fiber front spoiler
BTCC replica rear spoiler

Prosport Boost Gauge
Nismo Shift Knob (had to steal it from the last car)

·
Registered
347 Posts
That looks like a lot of fun! You aren't by chance the same guy who used to work at the 28th St Betten Volvo dealership in GR?

·
Registered
514 Posts
I didn't know there was an R in the A-Ha video for Take On Me!!!! Awesome!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
A few modifications-

Custom 3inch full exhaust
Custom 3inch intake
Elevate/Autotech Tune (20psi)
IPD Upper Torque Mount
IPD Silicone Boost Tube (black)
Viva Front Mount Intercooler with 2.5 inch piping
IPD HD Ignition Coils

Elevate Rear Sway Bar
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
XC90 Strut Mounts
Powerflex Control Arm Bushings
Eurosport Tuning Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Bar

ATE Blue Racing Brake Fluid

IPD Grill
05+ Front Bumper Cover
05+ Upper Side Trim
VST carbon fiber front spoiler
BTCC replica rear spoiler

Prosport Boost Gauge
Nismo Shift Knob (had to steal it from the last car)
I've watched the video through twice. Loved it. I can't wait to get mine on the track.

From the video I can't really tell. But did you feel a little understeer on the track? And what size rims? And what tires?

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Seems like most already forgotten about the BTCC Spoiler. Looks like it's put to good use :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
^ droool :thumbup::thumbup:

That looks like a lot of fun! You aren't by chance the same guy who used to work at the 28th St Betten Volvo dealership in GR?
That's me.

From the video I can't really tell. But did you feel a little understeer on the track? And what size rims? And what tires?
The car first understeers when entering a corner and then oversteers through the rest of it- leaves a lot of people scratching their heads- the front tires have to slip for the rear to kick in- there is a video with Tif in it and he demonstrated that this is how Volvo created it to work.

The tires sure where screaming though. I run the 17inch wheels with 245/40r17 Kumho XS tires. I don't have a set of track wheels and tires because baller status has not been achieved yet.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I like how the corvette isn't getting away from you in the bends. lol

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
The car first understeers when entering a corner and then oversteers through the rest of it- leaves a lot of people scratching their heads- the front tires have to slip for the rear to kick in- there is a video with Tif in it and he demonstrated that this is how Volvo created it to work.
Yep, Volvo programmed the 4C to do the opposite of the car's natural tendency to oversteer while trail braking into a corner and understeer accelerating out of the corner (FWD-like feel to the AWD in high grip conditions).

·
Registered
351 Posts
That's awesome and it looked like a blast.
I assume you were running in advanced mode. Did you have both of the traction controls turned off?

Oh, and hello legs :)

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Oh, and hello legs :)
HAH! I had the same thoughts, so who's the young lady with you and I can barely hear what you guys were saying. Sounds like she had a blast too and her panties in a bunch. :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I like how the corvette isn't getting away from you in the bends. lol
Thanks, it was a Z06 with a full exhaust (headers, no cats) an intake and race slicks... after his confidence increased he got away from me but it was fun while it lasted- he was the nicest Vette driver there.

HAH! I had the same thoughts, so who's the young lady with you and I can barely hear what you guys were saying. Sounds like she had a blast too and her panties in a bunch. :D
Ha, that's my wife. I can't scare her anymore as we've been together for over 10 years- it's like a stroll in the park- she gets bored in the car because I used to have a rocket and it was a little more intense when pushed to the limit. She only yelled at me once when we put two wheels off the track after entering turn one a little too hot.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts