SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've had an Ember Black T8 on order for a while, but I just got the word that the build date is January 28, with delivery late February, early March,weather and EPA permitting. Somehow seeing it in black and white, on my dealer's order log, make it seem so much more real.

Suddenly I needed to figure out exactly what I'm going to do for a charging solution. I could have used the charging cord that comes with the car, but I need a plug installed at my charging location anyway, so I decided to keep the supplied charging cord that in the car for travel, and get a built in for home. I decided to go with AeroVironment, the same manufacturer as the provided charging cord. They even make one that is Volvo-branded: http://store.evsolutions.com/volvo-30-amp---25ft-cable-p80.aspx

What are other T8 owners doing or planning to do about charging?

·
Registered
298 Posts
We have a dedicated NEMA 14-50 plug installed for our upcoming T8. Ours is on the boat, and scheduled to get to the port on 12/28. Then who knows how long it will be until the EPA releases them.....

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
...What are other T8 owners doing or planning to do about charging?
I installed a Clipper Creek HCS 40 (NEMA 50-14 plug receptacle which AeroVironment does not offer). See http://www.clippercreek.com/store/product-category/32a-charging/

Also, check out this thread. http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?235441-T8-Charging-Options&highlight=car+charger. I think there is at least one other thread on this subject - maybe search for "NEMA", "AeroVironment" or "Clipper"....

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had an electrician install a NEMA 6-20 outlet in our garage. I'm going to install a cord holder eventually. I'm probably going stick to using the cord that comes with the car. If I need another cord I'll get one, but I'll keep using the cord instead of a wall mounted charging station just in case I may want to upgrade the outlet in the future.
Installed the NEMA 6-20 because that's the outlet the Aerovironment Turbocord uses.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, my T8 is just entering Port Hueneme on the Glorious Leader!!! (and on rounded Pi day as well)

I should have it within a week or two!

·
Registered
3,653 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here you go...lots of good information from forum members here in a thread I started
Yeah, I've read that thread, and even posted to it. It's a good summation of information.

===

I just got word that my car may be available to pick up towards the end of next week. :partywave:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I picked it up a few hours ago. Eeetz Verrry Nize.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I picked up the car, then bolted home to get the dogs to the d.o.g. p.a.r.k. while there was still light, so I only took this quick & dirty iPhone picture, so far.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A couple more pictures. Still relatively crappy iPhone pictures, I'm afraid.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Well, I picked up the car, then bolted home to get the dogs to the d.o.g. p.a.r.k. while there was still light, so I only took this quick & dirty iPhone picture, so far.
Congratulations!

Looks like this is four paws up for the new ride...

Subaru cars might be approved by dogs. But Volvo cars are loved by dogs!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ember Black is really lovely. I just have to figure out how to keep it clean. Living in a drought-prone area is problematic on that front.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts