SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loud, hollow banging from front end, passenger side when going over pot-holes. This morphed over a period of weeks into loud, hollow banging from front end, passenger side when going over ANY irregularity.<p>The diagnosis and cost to repair at the local repair shop is as follows. He tells me when I don't need stuff I've requested and when things need to be done, he's honest and thorough. So, maybe I pay for that thoroughness!<p>2 Strut Mounts - $257<br>2 Strut Mount Bushings - $92<br>Labor - $215<br>Two Wheel Align - $60<p>Grand total with $20 "supply charge" (??) and $19 tax (as in "Taxachusetts") - $663.<p>No more noise!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: My Strut Mount repair experience - 2000 C70 (BostonC70)

Only problem with that is that they sold you two new struts (possibly not necessary) AND the mounts.<br>You could have installed ANY strut, Bilstein or Koni, BOTH light years better than the OEM they "sold" you.<br>The mounts are <B>90 bucks</B> so you either got hosed or misunderstood.<br>

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: My Strut Mount repair experience - 2000 C70 (JRL)

Nope - $257 for two strut mounts. I put in Bilsteins a few years ago.<p>From some random surfing, it looks like the prices I paid are about 20% or more above what I could have gotten on-line for both the mounts and the bushings. I was kind of over the barrel, though.<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by BostonC70 at 3:00 PM 8-10-2006</i>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts