SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a more flush look, potential handling benefits and to get a little less steering rub I put some spacers on my R; 5 mm in front and 10 mm in the rear.

Since the 245s already fling a bit of road grime on the paint and the new flush setup would be even worse I also decided to add a set of factory mudflaps to my car.

The handling does feel a little better and I can now do a full turn with no rub. I also don't think it looks bad at all so I decided to share my little project with you all via the joy of photography. :)

Stuff:

Front Tire:

Rear Tire:

Car Views:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Nice...spacers def make the Pegs look better on the car. My 17" Pegs def needed spacers when I was running them.

Join the 245/Mudflap Club ;)

My 245s and mudflaps...+40 offset so built in spacers :p.

BTW...I think the mudflaps help or stop rain squeal. Haven't had it since they were put on during the rest of last winter and through the spring so far....fingers crossed!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Looks great. Mudflaps are on my list too, wagons really get dirty in the rear. Can you tell me the part # for mudflaps on the 04's?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
where did you get the spacers? I want.
I got the same (as in his picture) H&R Spacers 5mm and 10mm, extended lug bolts, New in Box that I still need to get rid off that you should buy ;).

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got back from a car meet that pretty much died off due to a big storm. Great time to test the AWD, spacers and flaps though, lol :D.

Glad to say that its kept the fling off the areas that I wanted to so mission accomplished!

I got the spacers and new lugs from VIVA and the mudflaps from IPD. Total cost was $355.

http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-S60/Exterior/Mudflaps/p-74-399-5364/

http://www.vivaperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=81_112&products_id=48

Sounds like Stealth might be able to set you up a better deal on the spacers though. ;)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I got the spacers and new lugs from VIVA and the mudflaps from IPD. Total cost was $355.

http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-S60/Exterior/Mudflaps/p-74-399-5364/

http://www.vivaperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=81_112&products_id=48

Sounds like Stealth might be able to set you up a better deal on the spacers though. ;)
Got mine from VIVA as well. Was gonna use them on my Pegs that I was using last summer but never did and my new Team Dynamics dont need them so they just sitting around collecting dust.

Got a few interested people in the spacers already. I would like to get the most of my money back from the inital cost on them if possible. Want to sell them both to one person unless two people want 5mm and other wants 10mm. Someone give me a good offer and they yours, first come first serve.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I got the same (as in his picture) H&R Spacers 5mm and 10mm, extended lug bolts, New in Box that I still need to get rid off that you should buy ;).
I will buy if still available! :)

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Nice toes!! LOL!!!
You know whats reallly!! funny!!!!! i was thinking a few days ago about mud flapps. My shop is shaired now with scubby. so iv been really digging them rally art mudflaps and thinking maybe maybe!!!!
Good idea on spacers I have spacers also and its a good looking mod and 5mm in the front is a good turning + mod!!!!!! LOL I GET MORE TURNING!!!!!!!!!!!
Can i suggest something... Me i like to TQ my wheels about 5-10FTlbs over the rec spec with spacers for added safety. So i know its 140nm of tq for stock apps
Witch i think is like 125 closer to 130ft lbs of tq. i think, hahaha. so i like to TQ my wheels to 140ft lbs ish with my air gun and like 137 ftlbs with my tq wrench. just a idea. and be vary cairfull listening to some people about TQ specs. I have a idea that some one is responsible for a wheel coming off from being given wrong tq specs.
FYI im still riding 5mm spacers in the front w/ stock bolts
:D:D:D i liked the thumbs up thing :cool::)

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know I'm biased, but when I got to see my car side by side with Jordan's R I realized what a nice yet subtle difference wider tires and the spacers made. Makes the car look beefier than stock IMHO.

·
Registered
235 Posts
+1 for the spacers. They really make a hell of a difference with the front end wheel rub.
I still haven't done the rear - worried about wheel bearings (especially if you track) you can be my test subject.

I dont really dig mudflaps. Mudflaps are for rally cars, big rigs and grandparents:p

Is it me or the pic - your front brembos look silver again:eek:

·
Registered
8,055 Posts

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As my straight down pics show, 5mm & 10mm pushes the tires out to where they are almost flush. If you run narrower tires than 245s you may be able to happily run 10mm & 15mm instead though.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
As my straight down pics show, 5mm & 10mm pushes the tires out to where they are almost flush. If you run narrower tires than 245s you may be able to happily run 10mm & 15mm instead though.
im riding 15mm in the rear wit no rub stock size rubbers- i wounder if because im lowerd and i got the hole camber thing going on it doesnt rub.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
VR with 10mm spacers and flaps.
Tires are Goodyear F1 Asy.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome to the club Tex. I'm still very pleased with this simple mod. Its nice to do a full turn with 245s without rubbing and not get dirt all down the side of the car when it rains.

The look is pure bonus after that, lol. :cool:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts