SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my sister was nice enough to give me a ride from school in Boston, since we have been getting sporadic thunderstorms due to the remnants of hurricane Sandy, and we got into a pretty bad accident while coming off exit 29 of I93N. At the end of the exit is a red light, which we stopped for and when our light changed green started to cross a fairly busy intersection (McGrath Highway/Fellsway which is RT28) and some person (still not sure if it was a guy or girl) ran a red light at about 30mph, and because it was wet out and we had started to go about 15/20 mph we were unable to stop and they basically tore off the whole front of my sister's 2001 S40 Both airbags deployed but fortunately we both walked away with only mild injuries. I have some soreness in my back and neck but am other wise fine and my sister who was driving suffered a broken arm/wrist/hand and some other mild soreness.

It's definitely totaled and she is not sure what Volvo she is going to replace it with. Sad thing is, is she had great luck with the car and has owned it since 2002, and next week was supposed be its 105k servicing.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Wow.....glad it was not worse! The car did its job and that is all you can ask..... Check out the S60!!!!

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
holy crap.. glad to hear you are all okay!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Glad everyone is alright!
Was that your head that shattered the windshield?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad everyone is alright!
Was that your head that shattered the windshield?
No the air bag did. My face did hit the airbag but no fortunately no cuts or burns just some slight skin irritation. The fastlane (ez pass for those who are not from MA) hit me in the head though and it hurt like hell (more than the airbag) so I don't want to imagine what that windshield would have felt like.

·
Official VCNA Account
66 Posts
We're very happy to hear that you and your sister are OK, Tstats. That looks like a very scary crash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts