SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So starting about 2 or 3 days ago, I can no longer connect to the internet. It doesn't matter if I select 3G Modem or Wifi. I get the same result. I've even tested both my home Wifi + Cell Phone Hotspot without success.

The yellow circle will continue with the unit never finding a signal and leasing an IP. Even more baffling, it'll say failed to find internet signal on 3G. On wifi, the yellow circle just continues indefinitely.

Figuring it might be a bug, I even WIPED everything and performed a factory reset. Didn't resolve...

Here's what it is doing:

At a loss of what might be wrong other than a module failed????? Will take it in for the 50K service very soon, but would be great to know what might need done.

Multimedia Text Technology Electronic device Electronics

Display device Text Electronics Font Multimedia

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I'd start by checking the connections on the wiring. Does the 3G use the shark antenna? Find a way to get a wiring diagram and start tracing.

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd start by checking the connections on the wiring. Does the 3G use the shark antenna? Find a way to get a wiring diagram and start tracing.
Luckily the cars still under CPO warranty, and I'll be taking it in soon, but wondered if this is something others experienced and what repair resolved.

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would hate that to happen to my S60 hope it's an easy fix.
Ya, it's annoying, because I would prefer to access my sensus applications. Especially Pandora Radio. Albeit I could stream Pandora through my phone via blutooth, but it's far easier to switch channels via the steering wheel, than it is to fiddle with the phone while driving.

Scheduled service visit for Thursday. I'm guessing either bad module or antenna. I was hoping a factory reset of my Sensus would solve, but no such luck.

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would love to know if there's any technical journal on this issue. Hoping Tech chimes in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts