SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought our XC60 in December last year.

Car is in perfect condition. Everything works as it should.... Except for the front passenger seat electric control for the thigh support. Seat moves forward / backwards, up / down perfectly, but the thigh support up / down switch does nothing.

After some research it seemed my aftermarket warranty will pay to get it sorted. We are going in a long distance trip tomorrow, so I thought I'd have it seen to so the wife can have a fully adjustable seat.

This morning I popped the car in the washbay and afterwards I thought I'd take it to a reputable Auto electrician. When the time came, I was loathe to take the car there, leave it, deal with the warranty people, etc. Pulled the car in to the strip and assembly area in our shop and asked one of the senior guys to take a look. Lo and behold, when I wanted to demonstrate the problem, the seat moved as it should. I guess they probably tapped a loose wire or connection into place during the car wash.

Much chuffed with my self healing car. It now is really functioning like it did when it was brand new.

Anyone else had trouble with the electric seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
595 Posts
Sounds about like mine. Was making an engine rattle right off idle, but now the dealership can’t verify it. Blamed it on the oil light being on, said it was “2 quarts low”. Ugh...

Joe

·
Registered
595 Posts
Was low enough to trigger the light after warm up, but seriously doubt it was 2 quarts. Was just below the crosshatch when I dropped it off, not like it wasn’t showing on the stick lol.

Regardless, the noise started before the light came on. Car is CPO, but the dealer has been blaming several issues on “maintenance items”...

Joe

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
We bought our XC60 in December last year.

Car is in perfect condition. Everything works as it should.... Except for the front passenger seat electric control for the thigh support. Seat moves forward / backwards, up / down perfectly, but the thigh support up / down switch does nothing.

After some research it seemed my aftermarket warranty will pay to get it sorted. We are going in a long distance trip tomorrow, so I thought I'd have it seen to so the wife can have a fully adjustable seat.

This morning I popped the car in the washbay and afterwards I thought I'd take it to a reputable Auto electrician. When the time came, I was loathe to take the car there, leave it, deal with the warranty people, etc. Pulled the car in to the strip and assembly area in our shop and asked one of the senior guys to take a look. Lo and behold, when I wanted to demonstrate the problem, the seat moved as it should. I guess they probably tapped a loose wire or connection into place during the car wash.

Much chuffed with my self healing car. It now is really functioning like it did when it was brand new.

Anyone else had trouble with the electric seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cars are like children, threaten to send them to the mechanic (or their room), and they quickly shape up. Recommend filming problems so if you cannot replicate, there is proof it happened.

·
Registered
595 Posts
jschaefer7406, You let your oil level drop so much that it triggered the oil light? :facepalm:
Car is new to me, hasn’t even been due for service yet. I’ve only put ~6k on it? Regardless, I understand the light will trigger at only a quart low. Not like it was empty. :D :cool:

Just to clarify, we’re talking about the level light, not the oil pressure light?

Joe

·
Registered
595 Posts
Recommend filming problems so if you cannot replicate, there is proof it happened.
Good advice, if the dealer is competent. I recorded the noise in my engine, comes through pretty clear in the video too. Dealership can’t replicate the noise though, so they refuse to do anything under the CPO warranty...:mad:

Joe

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Good advice, if the dealer is competent. I recorded the noise in my engine, comes through pretty clear in the video too. Dealership can’t replicate the noise though, so they refuse to do anything under the CPO warranty...:mad:

Joe
I had issues on my 15.5 S60 that I filmed for dealer. Used my proof to verify and troubleshoot. I.E. backup camera kept failing to engage.

Also filmed my Folding mirror motor that went bad. Was easily to replicate for dealer, since my car sounded like a 747 Jumbo Jet getting ready for take off. But the video I sent prior to my service visit helped them prepare for what to expect. Guess it depends on how well the dealer wishes to work closely with the customer.

Dealers are franchises, and some dealers are better than others.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
There is no low pressure light on a 6 cylinder 3.2 or 3.0 turbo. The engines hold a lot of oil, if the low oil light is on that is not a problem. The higher oil capacity supports long drain intervals that are a BIG deal in Europe. If there is more oil then contaminants have more oil to be spread among so there is less issue from those contaminants. More oil assures normal oil use will not be as likely to cause problems for those that ignore warning messages.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts