SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After offering my car here to fellow swedespeeders to no avail, I turned in my 2006 sonic blue/nordkap MT S60R at lease end. It's been a fun ride for 3 years. It had 40,013 miles on it. No problems with it at all. Of course the guys at the auto auction where I turned it in were all looking at it and saying that they'll see a lot of traffic for this car.

My R replacement docked at the port of Newark yesterday. As you may recall, I picked up a 2009 BMW 328i sedan montego blue MT in Munich at the Welt on March 26 and drove it around Bavaria and northern Italy. That was a blast. I know, I need to post some pics of that trip. I will.

I'm hoping to have my 328i in 1-2 weeks. For now I'm driving my "other R" the '98 V70R which is in great shape and I enjoy driving (except no stick).

I'd like to see where my S60R goes. Maybe JRL you can track it for me. I know you were even interested in buying it at one point (as a lot of people were).

Again, sorry volvo for losing another R customer to "the dark side!" but I was very impressed driving my 328i around the roads in Bavaria and through the alps into the Alto Adige/Sudtirol and Veneto regions in Italy.

I'll still hang out here since I do technically have an R (albeit a P1) and my wife has an '09 S80 3.2 which she loves.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: My S60R is now gone (soledoc)

IM ed you

·
Registered
974 Posts
Re: My S60R is now gone (JRL)

Chris Im sure your R will go to a good home. Sorry i couldnt get it from you but I did fine one not soon after our talks!

Please stay around im sure us noobs could benifit from your knowledge on the caR.

Congrats on the 328!! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Evan

·
Registered
966 Posts
Re: (carlosR)

Really glad I have the V70R as there isn't anything out there that can replace my car IMO. I have the extended warranty to 85k, so I am thinking I will just drive that car a few more years, if not longer, as it may be a Volvo classic down the road.
I really do want a 996 TT, but keep telling myself that I have to wait 2-3 years for the kids to be done with school. It just kills me to see nice ones out there for $45k with 25k miles on them and I can't pull the trigger.

If I had the S60, I would have done the upgrade by now. Enjoy the Bimmer Soledoc.

·
Registered
352 Posts

My MY06 S60R is also going this June at lease end. I am still trying to decide between a '09 C30, S80, 328i Coupe, 335d Sedan or '10 Prius. Every time I have a beer I lust for the 3-Series, when I look at my bank account the C30 and Prius come to mind. My wife wants the S80.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts

You still have an R so no excuse to not frequest the R forum. Pics of the 328 when it gets to its new home are required.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: My S60R is now gone (I Roll)

OK, here's a few pics of it in Germany.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: My S60R is now gone (BrunoS)

Quote, originally posted by BrunoS »
My MY06 S60R is also going this June at lease end. I am still trying to decide between a '09 C30, S80, 328i Coupe, 335d Sedan or '10 Prius. Every time I have a beer I lust for the 3-Series, when I look at my bank account the C30 and Prius come to mind. My wife wants the S80.

What is your price range. Just FYI I got my wife's S80 for less than $500/month on a 39 month lease with 12K miles dealing with a fellow SS here. I drove out to Rockville MD to Darcars and picked it up.

I actually drove in my friend's Prius (all the options) the other day and was pretty impressed. Definitely nice on the pocket book but not completely cheap. Good amount of room inside and pretty nice features. Better than other Toyotas I've been in.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

The new 2010 Prius knocks the eyeballs out of the current Prius in looks, options and driveability.
MUCH prettier, a bit faster and now with POWER HEATED SEATS
plus many more available options at roughly the current price

·
Registered
352 Posts

My plan is to buy cash. The S80 has a $6500 discount. The 3.2 model comes at around $32K+tax. That is almost $10K less than the BMWs and just a little more than a well equipped Prius. My concern with the Prius is that it must be available before June since I don't have another car besides the R.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: My S60R is now gone (BrunoS)

Quote, originally posted by BrunoS »
My plan is to buy cash. The S80 has a $6500 discount. The 3.2 model comes at around $32K+tax. That is almost $10K less than the BMWs and just a little more than a well equipped Prius. My concern with the Prius is that it must be available before June since I don't have another car besides the R.

Just remember that the lease incentives are often much greater than the buy incentives.........so leasing and buyout MAY make more sense.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: My S60R is now gone (epicV70R)

Quote, originally posted by epicV70R »
Check the pictures? How was Germany?

That's weird. When I first posted them I could see them. And now I can't (on the same computer nonetheless)

I'll repost them tonight.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

If anyone comes across my car let me know. I'm curious to see where it ends up.

I should have my R replacement by this weekend. It's loaded on the truck in Newark and leaving for Indianapolis today.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

It was being sold at that little piss ass auction you dropped it off at in IN.
Not being a Manheim or Adesa auction I have no way of finding out where it went, sorry.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I was able to locate my former R by plugging the VIN into Google. It showed up for sale at a local dealer that specializes in used Volvos about a month after I dropped it off, and another member on this forum (stormchasin_racin) ended up buying it. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (02s60t5)

Quote, originally posted by 02s60t5 »
I was able to locate my former R by plugging the VIN into Google. It showed up for sale at a local dealer that specializes in used Volvos about a month after I dropped it off, and another member on this forum (stormchasin_racin) ended up buying it. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

That's a good idea. I sure wish JRL could have gotten my car, but it didn't seem to work out. I'll plug in my VIN shortly and see what comes up. I've also been checking the local dealerships that I figure might pick it up.

That would be great if another swedespeeder picked it up....lord knows I gave them ample notice to buy it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts