SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: my S 70 R is doing 0-60 in 9.45s!!!!!!!!!! Problem suggestions!? (JRL)

YO JRL, where do u live? i do need a good mechanic to fix it for me, im dying. a merc e320 is kickin my ass. its not right!

my turbo is fine, i think. it still kicks in at around 4000rpm, and there is tthe normal hissssing sound when i take my foot off the accelerator!

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I searched for the SAMCO turbo hose kit, it costs like 240$ without shipping! but if that is wat my car needs ill do it. the dealer told me today that it might me the katalysor!? watever that is. im going to test it tommorow and see if there are any improvments. Thnx guys for your help!
btw, did any1 suffer fromsuch sever preformance decrease before????

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (JRL)

i\my car has done 62000km (38000 miles), not much. my dealer said that at that mileage its unlikely that a hose is leaking, but i told him to double check anyway. i get the car today, hope that its improved. im going to time its 0-60 again, anything below 8sec is an improvment. thnx again guys. btw, the cat converter does drain power, but i dnt think it will slow the car down that much!
ohh, and btw, the dealer said that if there is a leak in one of the turbo hoses the check engine light will turn on. is that correct????

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (MadeInJapan)

How Do you know??? LOL
i got my car back, its worse than before!!
as the dealer claims, the hoses are ok
. if its not the hoses, nor the cat converter , wat else is there!! might it be that the engine busted? or the turbo is dead? i mean it only has 65000 km done!!!
anyway, im taking it to a mechanic tommorow to help me get to the root of the problem. buys, im goin crazy here, i mean its killin me. 240bhp can barley make it on an uphill mountain road!! thats not how it should be. PLZZ HELP, i dnt want to loose my car!

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Re: (Nebor)

i took my car to a mechanic. he suggested that the problem might be that the turbo propellors are sanded and grinded due to bad air filtering, thus making them smaller and producing less boost. is that a probability? where can i get a new propellor? or do i have to change the turbo?

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Re: my S 70 R is doing 0-60 in 9.45s!!!!!!!!!! Problem suggestions!? (whilst)

we do have unleaded fuel!! its like we r ignorent ppl, living in the desert. man, we got everything u want.

BTW, new updates. my car is doing 0-60 in 10.48 now!!!! YAY, its getting worse!!! im taking it to the dealership for a full check up, anything it takes to make it move like an R. btw, is it a possibility that i have a GLT turbo and engine?? might the previous owner have changed them due to something??? how can i know if ive got The R engine or the GLt engine???

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
i live close to ashrafie!!

OK, prospero, ill post some pics asap with the heat shield off, and i hope u can help!! im dyin to know. last night i parley kept up with a pegout 307!!!! im gonna kill myself!!
my friend has a hyundai tibirom (coupe) 2006, im sure he will kick my ass, but i know an S70R should toast him

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Re: (Prospero)

i want to get steel tubing for the airfilter.

thnk god i got the right turbo. i took the car for full check up and refinment! hope it turns out an R by the time its done. thnx fo rur help every one. ill keep you posted to wats going on with the car during and after fixing it.

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
thnx guys uve been a great help. im going to check on my var tommorow, hope its goin good. if u have anything else u observed plz tell me. i need all the info i can get. my dealership needs to be told wat to fix cz they suck and noone else in this country knows how to fix volvos!! thnx again guys

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Man you guys are just amazing!!! i wish you could come here, even if my car gets repaired! i would appreciate ppl that apreciate Volvos. if my car gets fixed and all is good, ill come over! y not, i wanna travel this summer ,why not go somewhere i can find ppl that like my car. i guess ill have have to wait and see.
btw, a list of parts i need would be very helpful. i know cars, but not as much as u guys, u can really help.

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Re: my S 70 R is doing 0-60 in 9.45s!!!!!!!!!! Problem suggestions!? (Ishtta)

Hey guys, i have a question! How much power loss, in %, could a leak in the turbo hose cause?
my guess is around 10%, but i have much more loss of power. wat is the maximum?

and could a leak and another problem be cause hat much power loss?
if the leak is major, and i mean major as in Zero boost, how would the car preform?

thnx guys, i really need to know that info so i can know if my car has one or more problems. i feel my car is outputting 190-200bhp max! i feel like a GL, to turbo at all!

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·

but an S70 GL, 140 bhp, does 0-60 in ~11seconds. i feel my car has no turbo, preforming as a GL would. and FIY, no there is nobody in my Freakin city that could check all these out. all the mechanics here suck. i have to do it myself, and i dnt have the correct toold to do that. i love gettin my hands dirty with my volvo. takecare guys. thx anyway.

BTW, u sound like ur angry at me JRL. wats up with that?

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

Im workin on the car. ill get results on monday and ill tell u guys wat i find out. if things dont work out i might sell it in europe. bout how much does it value in europe tho??

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
i just came back from the dealership. it seems that i have a problem with the transmition. i really didnt get what he means, i dont know what the real problem is. they still didnt check the other parts of the engine. im sure they will find a turbo leak and a problem with the catalytic convertor. ill keep you posted.
PS: what might the problem with the transmition be? its an Automatic btw

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.