SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My remote key fob is stuck in the ignition of my 2009 Volvo C30.
Started out having a problem with a damper not opening and closing correctly.. I took the car to Volvo for a diag.. They said the airbox need to be replaced and it would cost $3300. I did not have the repair done. After getting the car back the damper for the floor no longer worked and was in the closed position. I took the car to a local indy shop.. They reran the diag showed multiple dampers bad ,,some that seemed to work to me.. but not its blowing hot all the time!! The stated the CCM was bad ,, $1370 est.. to replace.. I pulled the CCM tp send it to xemodex for testing ... With the CCM pulled I reconnected the battery and started the car to take the part to UPS.. All the dash lights were out but it started. I was hoping when i reconnected the ccm the dim would all just come on again.. while I was waiting for the ccm , I removed the battery connections,, cleaned the grounds on the driver’s side pillar removed and cleaned the connections for the CEM.. xemodex testing revealed the CCM was good,, After receiving the CCM back from xemodex ,I reconnect it and tried to start the car.. the dash will not light up .. when turning the key I hear clicking and whirling from the engine compartment that I normally hear.. It seems to not be able to recognize the key through the remote key fob.. I have tried locking and unlocking the doors but the key doesn’t seem to be able to talk to the car.. The remote key fob is stuck in the ignition .. im thinking if I could remove it , I could put the actual key in and might be able to wake up what ever modules are asleep.. when the battery is dead the fob cant be removed. Normally I charge it back up and remove it .. use the actual key to start the car.. is there a way to get the ignition switch to release the fob? I don’t think the switch is broke.. I could remove it just don’t want to waste time if there is another way.. help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
removed cem ..recleaned ..put everything back together..she started up.... ended up taking this to dealer to get airbox replaced...theis car gets way to much love..peace

1 - 2 of 2 Posts