· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: My R got a friend... (Dashdog)

Thank you.

Yes, I am in US - Northern VA. No turbo focus here. We were looking seriously at V50 with AWD, but since we have an older Jeep, GTI was cheaper.

Girls car - because it will be a primary vehicle for my wife and duaghter (once she is eligible to learn how to drive...). The DSG in it is a convinience for DC area traffic, when you are on the parking lots called Beltway, 66, COnstituion Ave...

Enjoy your GTI. The drivetrain is quite different from V70 - no turbo kick, very linear in power delivery, reminding me of a 4-in-line liter class bike. You rev it, it goes...

Kleks

· Registered
336 Posts
Re: (fhdt5r)

Quote, originally posted by fhdt5r »
Kleks:

Did you happen to get one of the GTI "Fast" plastic figurines? If so I would be interested in buying it for a friend of mine who is a VW freak for her birthday.

Send me an Email at: [email protected]

I think you can forget getting a 'Fast'. No one is getting them and the few that are out there seem to be showing up on ebay for several hundred dollars. I hope no one is dumb enough to buy them at that price.

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (fhdt5r)

David,
I did not get FAST figurine.
Woud love to have one. Let me see if I can ask the dealer - maybe VW will make more $$ on toys then on cars...

Kleks

· Registered
795 Posts
Re: My R got a friend... (Kleks)

They are getting lots of good reviews right now and great color.
I am looking forward to the R32's return on the new platform (next year?)
http://********************/smile/emthup.gif
- Polartek

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.