SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past couple of months I have been planning and buying parts for my quad exhaust set up on my 2004 SR.

I finally found a place that would do it for me after I continuously went to a different place and kept getting played around.

When I first bought the car, I ordered the EST down pipe when they were having the sale with free shipping. (couldn't pass that deal up)

(Xbox Controller was in there for a size reference)

And when it was installed...

After the DP was installed, it went from the 3" DP to a 2" straight pipe exhaust.
I always wanted to do the quad exhaust since the day I bought the SR.

So I started planning and buying parts.

I bought the tips, resonator, and panel all at the same time.
I took the panel to my local body repair shop to have them color match and paint it.

I ordered the tips off of eBay, the resonator from Summit Racing, and the panel from CarbonFiberWorks.

After I had all the parts, I had to start getting the bumper ready for the panel and exhaust to fit into.
I took off the old panel, removed (by dremel) the splash trim on the passenger side of the bumper to match the drivers side, removed the metal piece that the tow hook screws into, and then put the panel in.

And the panel is in....

After the panel was in, I drove around with the car like that for about 2 weeks.

I kept going to a place in town that kept playing games with me. I would drop it off (scheduled appointment), come back that night, and they haven't touched my car. Did this 4 times. Even left it over one night. They kept playing games so I finally had enough and went out of town and had it done the same day I got the quote from the other exhaust shop. :thumbup:

Finally with it all done, I can say I am very happy how it turned out! I love the deepness it has now while being toned down from what it was because of the resonator!

Here is a video comparison on the two different exhausts...

EST downpipe and 2" straight pipe.

EST downpipe and quad exhaust set up.

(had my little brother record them, so sorry for the shakiness)

Comparison of the two tips...

If anyone is interested in the parts, here they are;
Tips
Resonator
Panel
Downpipe
(if that's not allowed, feel free to remove or let me know, thanks)

Future plans is to maybe get some high temp black paint and paint the exhaust underneath so it isn't as noticeable...trying to stay away from the nice police officers...especially state.

Feel free to ask me any questions or what not.
Critique is always welcome!
:D

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Looks prrrreetttty freakin sweet to me.

I want to do this as well. But I would need the whole body kit and I'm really not a fan of it that much. I love the rear with it though. I would do the OEM rear skirt with the quad set up, Evolve side skirts, carbon full front lip, (cuz the winglets look mehegan in my opinion), and then a carbon trunk lip to match the front. So everything with the paint, and right rear skirt panel, and custom exhaust would be like almost 3k. So yeahhh.

Yours looks awesome though, nice tips. I don't have any tips for ya though since I never did one of these but bet others will.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Great work... Il put this on my list of things to do... Are the same parts necessary for an 07 or is there any cosmetic differences I should know about when buying parts?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great work... Il put this on my list of things to do... Are the same parts necessary for an 07 or is there any cosmetic differences I should know about when buying parts?
Isn't the bumper different on 07s? So you wouldn't need the panel I bought, you would need a different one.but don't quote me on that one, I'm not 100% sure

And thank you guys! I'm glad it is finally done and all the parts are out of my room! Haha

·
Registered
938 Posts
Looks awesome man! Can tell the shop put some time into it.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Is it me or is the awd on the wrong side?

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Also spotted an ebd take that baby off.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Damn sounds good! And looks awesome too!

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Looks good! The diameter of the tips is rather GTR-esque. My only suggestion to the appearance: paint the tubing from the Y-split to the tips to "hide" it under the car.

Is it me or is the awd on the wrong side?
I don't know, I hope it is on the bottom side of the car, and not the top! :D
But really, the "AWD" badge is normally on the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Just saw and heard this thing live. It looks and sounds great. Awd was put on left to leave the "R" by it's self. Unless you are lying on the ground you can't see the y pipe. I will be doing this to mine in September with different tips.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Looks good and sounds meann! I have been wanting to do this ever since I got rid of my dump tube. How is the sound in the car-loud or similar to other r's with exhaust? What muffler did you go with or is that resoator in the pic?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Post a vid of how it sounds !

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
No muffler, just the resonator. And inside the car is nice. Loud enough that you know it isnt stock but not much of a drone.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 48 Posts