SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Noticed some problems with my window one sunday where I would press the button down and window wouldn't drop and just shift down a bit, and down meant up and up was down until finally it settled on closed and won't move.

Press switch on drivers side and passenger side and hear some faint clicking noises. What's my problem here? What do I need to replace? I'll probably buy it used from Erie VoVo or a junk yard or something. I've got VADIS so I think I can manage replacing it. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts
If something was stuck blocking the window, then it would go up when you press down as a safety feature, or go down when you press up. Just try it with your hand.

That doesn't sound like a switch issue if it occurs from both driver and passenger switches. But if the window sounds like it's trying, I'd say something is blocking it. My back window no longer even tries to go down, so that's why I'm thinking it's something with my motor.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If something was stuck blocking the window, then it would go up when you press down as a safety feature, or go down when you press up. Just try it with your hand.

That doesn't sound like a switch issue if it occurs from both driver and passenger switches. But if the window sounds like it's trying, I'd say something is blocking it. My back window no longer even tries to go down, so that's why I'm thinking it's something with my motor.
Might be a combination of the two, however I think one maay have causes the other. I'll look at used regulators.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else have this problem? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a broken window that won't move?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I did, but it was just a fuse. Realized it when the door wouldn't lock either.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did, but it was just a fuse. Realized it when the door wouldn't lock either.
Not a fuse for me, Erie VoVo has em for $50 shipped. Which is good as car-part is finding them for me for $125.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts