SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We started our ordering the XC90 T8 in November 2018. But it was canceled 3 weeks later because they were sold out. Beginning of December we changed it to a T6. After 10 weeks of waiting we finally go a date of May 21st. Wanted February but oh well.
We made our Volvo flights with Corporate travel but everything else we did on our own. We traveled both before and after the delivery because of when my wife could get time off. Here was our schedule-
1 day in Copenhagen
2 days in Amsterdam
2 days in Gothenburg
Then train to Oslo
1 day in Oslo
Train to Flam
2 days in Flam
Train to Bergen
1 day in Bergen
Then flew home

We only had the car for a day as my wife was very stressed our about driving her new car in a strange place. We did it all with 1 suitcase each too!
I would highly recommend Flam.

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Wow, great trip! Thanks for sharing!

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Such cool photos! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for sharing!
We were in a similar situation - we ordered an XC90 T8 last August for January delivery only to find out it was sold out. We opted to wait for MY2020 and the dealer got our order in as soon as they could last month. We are confirmed for Aug 26 delivery and could not be more excited!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Great photos.

My kids would love the butt-shaped Farts sign in Flam. We will be staying near Middelfart Denmark.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She is supposed to reach the dealer on July 4th. Needless to say we more than likely won't be picking it up that day

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks reddogone. Awesome pictures.Sorry we could not meet at the FDC. Looks like a wonderful trip. Loved the leaning houses in Amsterdam

We were hoping to go up the West coast of Sweden to some small towns and just chill.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks reddogone. Awesome pictures.Sorry we could not meet at the FDC. Looks like a wonderful trip. Loved the leaning houses in Amsterdam

We were hoping to go up the West coast of Sweden to some small towns and just chill.
I like relaxing vacations too. But since neither of us have ever been to that part of the world we crammed in as much as we could.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 54 Posts