SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
353 Posts
Re: (MadeInJapan)

I cracked my oil pan, very mildly, and found that considering the cost of labor to have it welded (removing it from the car, welding it, and then putting it back on) that it made more sense to scour the internet for a used one and just replace it. If you like I can point you in the direction of some places where you might find one. A used one cast me $150 plus $250 to have volvo install it for you. Much cheaper than $400 for a new one, or paying to have it fixed only to have to deal with it again!

· Registered
353 Posts
J-B weld makes a good temporary fix... if it holds. After my pan cracked my volvo mechanic friend lifted it up, drained it, and then used J-B weld. It didn't hold the first time, then we rubbed the pan down with some solvent, sanded to give a surface that it could adhere to, and redid the J-B. Like I said, it worked, but not a good permanent fix. Just replace the unit with a cheap used one. It will cost you less than welding it only to have to deal with it again... IMO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.