SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share to the group that finally after a long wait, my Bright Silver XC60 T6 Inscription with Amber Interior and Linear Lime inlays has arrived. I took delivery of it yesterday.

First impressions are really good, very much fun to drive and lots of new gadgets to discover.

My previous ride was a Passion Red 2013 XC60 T6 R-Design which I really enjoyed and hated to give up, but only need one., so sad that Volvo discontinued that color, it was great.

Options I chose were the Nappa Leather seats with massage, Advanced Package, Air Suspension, Polestar and Trailer Hitch. Thought the Harmon Kardon sound system was excellent and didn't spring for the B&W sound system. I did buy the Extended Warranty and Appearance Protection from Steingold, their price was far better than what my dealer offered.

Amazing the advances from my 2013 to now, although the one thing I find strange is that the Auto Climate doesn't control the fan speed which my previous one did. Other than that not much else I have noticed.

Cheers,
Peter

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to, although I have no idea how to attach an image, there doesn't appear to be a way for me to do so.

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
I would love to, although I have no idea how to attach an image, there doesn't appear to be a way for me to do so.
The easiest way is to use tapatalk app on phone to post pics.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm imagining that app works for you, but I see no way to add photos from that method either.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nice car, quite similar to mine (except mine is a T5, with Polestar). I like almost all the additional features, although I'm not that sure about air suspension. I already had to change the fuse+compressor, and does not provide so much ride comfort as I expected. Nevertehless, I love the height change when offroading, that's great.

Hopefully you will review these details in a short time, it's always ionteresting to know other opinions.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Congratulations! Happy and safe rolling!!! :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congratulations! Have a lot of fun and no problems.
although the one thing I find strange is that the Auto Climate doesn't control the fan speed which my previous one did.
What exaclty do you mean?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On my 2013, the auto climate controlled the fan speed from min to max. The new one just seems to use one fan speed, and I need to adjust it if I want more air flow or less. There does not appear to be an automatic fan speed.

Peter

·
Registered
20 Posts
Try saying “turn on auto climate” with the voice control. I think if you manually adjust the fan speed it overrides the auto climate. When I press auto climate it doesn’t always seem to set the fan speed back to auto, but when I say “turn on auto climate” it does.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm not sure if European specification differs from US one in this regard but in my XC60 D5 MY19 AC in AUTO mode changes fan speed accordingly.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, although I think the speed varies slightly, it certainly does not change speed from lowest to highest like my 13 did, it would adjust from lowest to highest speed automatically unless I overrode it, then the auto light would turn off.

I got into the car today after it had been parked in the sun, and it was blowing at a medium speed. I finally had to go into the climate control and hit max for it to blow some decent air. Even at that it started to mix warm air into the mix, strange, had to change to LO instead of the 68 it was set to.

Living in Phoenix, I certainly hope this isn't the way it will be, if I wanted a manually operated system I wouldn't have bought a Volvo.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions, although I think the speed varies slightly, it certainly does not change speed from lowest to highest like my 13 did, it would adjust from lowest to highest speed automatically unless I overrode it, then the auto light would turn off.

I got into the car today after it had been parked in the sun, and it was blowing at a medium speed. I finally had to go into the climate control and hit max for it to blow some decent air. Even at that it started to mix warm air into the mix, strange, had to change to LO instead of the 68 it was set to.

Living in Phoenix, I certainly hope this isn't the way it will be, if I wanted a manually operated system I wouldn't have bought a Volvo.
A single press on the auto button sets climate control in auto with low fan volume. A long press on the auto button and you have fan speed increased and variable based on conditions BUT only up to level 3.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the information. If that is the case, what a pointless change. So I guess when the temps get to 100 here, I may as well just set it on max and leave it there.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here she is in all her glory

20190329_182802.jpg 20190329_182750.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Plus one more

20190329_182724.jpg

·
Registered
226 Posts
That silver looks beautiful indeed! Maybe I’ll spot it around town... Congrats!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts