SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a terrible process with the dealer (multiple delays and trouble getting the license plates and registration ready) I finally took delivery of my V60. I´m absolutely in love with it and very happy to be back in a Volvo. Of course familiarity with the V50 in the ergonomics helped a lot in getting used to the V60 very quickly.

Here´s the first (terrible pic). I promise to post more detailed pics tomorrow with the car all clean, right now its raining and its dark.

The specs of the car are very funny. It lacks some basic equipment that many cars of this price should have, but they are definitely not a "must have" for me. The car lacks xenon headlamps, leather seats and the sunroof. But it has the premium sound with 12 speakers, rear view camera, front and rear park assist, city safety, PCC, the auto lamps, etc.

For Mexico this car has the following powertrain: "European" T5 spec with the 2.0 liter turbo with 240 hp (this engine was my must have, since all my previous Volvos were Turbo, a V40 T4 and a V50 T5), it has a DCT powershift 6 speed transmission (basically the same as the Ford 2.0 liter ecoboost and powershift transmission). I only drove it from the dealership to my house and it was basically stop and go traffic, so I couldn´t feel the power of the engine. the steering feels more heavy than in my V50, but I liked it a lot. Brakes are awesome.

The cloth seats are extremely nice I have to say, and very comfortable as all Volvo seats, I won´t miss the leather because it means my back won´t get sweaty.

Promise to take detailed pics tomorrow, especially of the "rear" and cargo area, which are the different areas compared to the S60

·
Registered
121 Posts
Congratulations on your new car! I'm sure you'll have fun...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This morning the drive to work was a "little" better. Its still raining (Ernesto tropical storm affected all the country) and I drove carefully and slow, but at least it was better than stop and go traffic. Of course I couldn´t wash the car with this nasty weather.

The engine feels quite eager, the turbo kicks in early in the rpm range and its not as drastic as it was on my old V40 T4 (that car was a lion in sheep´s cloth I swear), feels a bit similar to the 5 cylinder T5, where the turbo kicks in early, but not as early as in the V50. The transmission feels very smooth, smoother than in the Focus even though its the same trans.

The interior is just awesome and it has an excellent feel and touch to all the materials. I love the steering wheel. The cargo area is not too big but enough for the 3 dogs / bikes (with the back seats down of course). It has a divider net to separate the cargo area from the passengers, that works great for keeping the pooches in the back.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Looks great. I really wish Volvo would let me park one of those at my place!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Always love the rare opportunity to see the V60. Congrats on a sick vehicle.

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Congrats - nice color. The euro headlights look better without the orange reflector like the U.S. models.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Congrats! To be honest I think the V60 has a much sexier back than the S60.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all. Here are more pics with the car clean (it lasted about 5 minutes clean because it started raining... it hasn´t stopped raining since thursday). I´m loving it so far, its an awesome vehicle. I already used all the cargo the cargo area with the back seats down, the bikes fit in nicely!

Most pics are of the back end, since its the different part from the S60... I´m partial to wagons so I´ll say its nicer than the S60 LOL...

On the weight, let me check out the manual and I´ll let you know the spec

Now changing the subject... I bought a couple of prancing moose stickers, they are silver with the transparent back. I still don´t know where to place the stickers, what do you think? In my V50 I placed it in the hatch, and thinking about the same place on the V60...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts