SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I bought my very first Volvo. It's a 2007 S60 2.5t Awd with 89,000 miles. I absolutely love it. I have a lot of plans for it in the future. Definitely new wheels, coilovers, 16t turbo, tune, exhaust etc etc. Some pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice car! Looks like you got the active bi xenon headlights!?
Yes I did and I love them. They really work well never even knew about them till I bought the car.

·
Registered
701 Posts
my advice : get an R...I had these dreams also..but you'll find the R is really what your upgrading into.. so you may as well start there.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my advice : get an R...I had these dreams also..but you'll find the R is really what your upgrading into.. so you may as well start there.
If I had the money for the R and could have found one in as nice of shape as the s60 I just bought I would have. The price tag on this was more than 3 grand lower than an R of the same year with more miles.

·
Registered
701 Posts
You'll put that much into it.. trust me... did you already do timing belt and water pump [ ~100k]? ... wheel bearings ~130k ....

*sigh* ....mine was and is my first car ... I love my 04 2.5T awd as well.. 74 k and ~3 years later and I'm still fighting to keep it running. ...but if I knew what I wanted when I was in high-school I would have gotten an R. especially now when they are like 5-6k in some cases and only need a bit of DIY

But I love my car.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
You'll put that much into it.. trust me... did you already do timing belt and water pump [ ~100k]? ... wheel bearings ~130k ....

*sigh* ....mine was and is my first car ... I love my 04 2.5T awd as well.. 74 k and ~3 years later and I'm still fighting to keep it running. ...but if I knew what I wanted when I was in high-school I would have gotten an R. especially now when they are like 5-6k in some cases and only need a bit of DIY

But I love my car.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Not due for timing bet for another 10k but car came with belt and water pump for when it's time.

Really shouldn't cost that much to make as much power as an R. A 19t turbo, exhaust, intake elbow, and tune should be pretty close to an R if not more. Just got my rebuilt 19t for free yesterday family member had it lying around. So I just need the intake elbow from snabb, fmic kit, exhaust, and a tune yet. All that should be way under the price of an R.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts