Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up my new S60 T5 yesterday! It will replace my 1999 S70:(

Modding will begin!!!

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the new S60 family! Interested into seeing how you modify your new T5, Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Two nice cars. Same path I took (drove my S70 for 14 years and 175K miles).
I really like my S60 and I'm sure you will, too.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

It's a little bitter sweet leaving behind the S70
but ride into work this morning was awesome!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just recently upgraded to an S60 T5, after my 2003 S40 died with 238,135 miles on it :(

I agree, bitter sweet. But, after driving the new car for a day, I had forgotten about my trusty S40.

Welcome to the forum.

Toine

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Nice........thanks for sharing. Mine is in Baltimore port as I write!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just recently upgraded to an S60 T5, after my 2003 S40 died with 238,135 miles on it :(

I agree, bitter sweet. But, after driving the new car for a day, I had forgotten about my trusty S40.

Welcome to the forum.

Toine
Sorry to hear about your S40, that's alot of miles!

Nice........thanks for sharing. Mine is in Baltimore port as I write!!!
The wait is tough...

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Those Volutions will look great on the new T5! Congrats!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome! Both cars look great. You'll enjoy the S60 for sure, though.

Did you ever find why your S40 died?
Engine seized on the NJ turnpike, while driving to work. :(

T

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Maybe mine is parked next to yours. :D
What was your delivery date in Gothenburg??? (mine was 4/23)..... Mine was shipped on the Atlantic Cartier....it holds 1,000 cars I read on its website!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
What was your delivery date in Gothenburg??? (mine was 4/23)..... Mine was shipped on the Atlantic Cartier....it holds 1,000 cars I read on its website!!!
All I know is that my arrival date into port should have been 5/21. I have not bothered the dealership as I was expecting an early June delivery. That is good because that allows me to build up my down payment a wee bit more.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Nice. Not wasting any time! Are you doing shocks/struts, too?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice. Not wasting any time! Are you doing shocks/struts, too?
I just had to lower the thing ASAP, gonna wait for a set of coilovers!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey guys, so the rest of my heico products came in today!

I would like to thank Todd and the team at Heico NA for all there help. Great service, very knowledgeable and friendly! After many phone calls, emails and even a visit to there facility I finally decided on wheels, well Todd convince me:) Thanks for putting up with me!

I just have some questions; Looked through the instructions, seems like the current exhaust pipe needs to be cut and after installed with clamps, spot welding... can someone chime in and confirm?

As for the rear diffuser it says I should use red handpads or p400 water grinding papper for first grinding and then p800, will my body shop do all this? And should I do a test fit first before paint?

Thanks in advance! Here are some pics.
Mike

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
hey guys, so the rest of my heico products came in today!

I would like to thank todd and the team at heico na for all there help. Great service, very knowledgeable and friendly! After many phone calls, emails and even a visit to there facility i finally decided on wheels, well todd convince me:) thanks for putting up with me!

I just have some questions; looked through the instructions, seems like the current exhaust pipe needs to be cut and after installed with clamps, spot welding... Can someone chime in and confirm?

As for the rear diffuser it says i should use red handpads or p400 water grinding papper for first grinding and then p800, will my body shop do all this? And should i do a test fit first before paint?

Thanks in advance! Here are some pics.
Mike
]
this guy!

1 - 20 of 89 Posts