SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Saw this for sale right before Christmas. Had no idea I was going to buy it, but when I went to the dealership to look at it and saw it was a R-Design. After a week of horrible trade talk for my G37S, I bit the bullet and got the R-design. They had it listed for 17,800. Talk them down to 16,000 for the car. As I was signing paperwork the salesman prints out the NADA for the car, its worth 28k! They had no idea it was a R design and I was hoping they wouldn't find out . Thanks to Reeves Suburu of Tampa!

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Thats awesome! Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Congratulations. It's an unreal deal. Something doesn't add up though. What's the year/mileage?
The car is gorgeous.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
Good for you, there loss is your gain I suppose. As others, I'm wondering if there isn't more to the story like a reconstructed title. Did you search the VIN? I can't imagine any dealership, Volvo or not, losing that much money. How many miles and what equipment?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Awesome, that's probably my next car!

Not necessarily too good to be true. I paid $21k for my 2011 C30 R-Design from a dealer auction in 2012. The sticker price new was $44k (Canada) just the year before and it only had about 15k miles. The auction had it priced as a base model.

·
Registered
363 Posts

Saw this for sale right before Christmas. Had no idea I was going to buy it, but when I went to the dealership to look at it and saw it was a R-Design. After a week of horrible trade talk for my G37S, I bit the bullet and got the R-design. They had it listed for 17,800. Talk them down to 16,000 for the car. As I was signing paperwork the salesman prints out the NADA for the car, its worth 28k! They had no idea it was a R design and I was hoping they wouldn't find out . Thanks to Reeves Suburu of Tampa!
You bought a 2013 S60 R-design for $16,000? That doesn't make sense. How many miles? Is it a salvage title?

Seems waaaayyyy too cheap. I've seen 2007 S60R's with ~80k miles go for almost that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
363 Posts
You bought a 2013 S60 R-design for $16,000? That doesn't make sense. How many miles? Is it a salvage title?

Seems waaaayyyy too cheap. I've seen 2007 S60R's with ~80k miles go for almost that.
Well damn. It seems 2013 S60 T5's go for about $17k. So maybe you really did just snag an R-design for a T5 price. Well done sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope clean Carfax and everything. They thought it was a regular T6. It has 60k miles. The didn't know what they had until I was signing paperwork.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for congrats!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2013 S60 T6 R-Design 60k miles. Has everything but the premium sound and xenon lights. But has city safety.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
2013 S60 T6 R-Design 60k miles. Has everything but the premium sound and xenon lights. But has city safety.

I think 2013 was when they started using Premier, Premier Plus and Platinum trim levels for all models; R-Design's only came in Premier or Platinum trim levels. All R-Designs come with Xenons. Premium Sound would have only come on a Platinum model as well as power folding mirrors, Navigation and Back-up camera (navigation and back-up cameras can both be added as accessories though at the dealer). It looks like you don't have BLIS or Parking Sensors (at least from the picture I can't see the parking sensors). All P3 chassis S60's come with City Safety as standard equipment. Regardless, congrats on scoring this for the price of a T5 and shame on the dealer for not knowing this, especially since there are R-Design logos all over the car lmao! With that saved money time for some upgrades....I highly recommend the IPD Rear Sway Bar to decrease some of the rear body roll.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL! Thanks. Your spot on. I will look at the IPD rear sway bar, but I'm enjoying the handling of the car over my R. Can the dealership add the back up camera?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Nope clean Carfax and everything. They thought it was a regular T6. It has 60k miles. The didn't know what they had until I was signing paperwork.

Makes sense now. Good job! Their loss for being idiots :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
I doubt the dealer lost any money on it. They either got it super cheap at auction, or took advantage of a customer at trade in. My wife had a well equipped Saturn Vue V6 years ago that a dealer initially offered us the value of only the base model with the 4 cylinder. Very shady tactic if you ask me.

Either way, spectacular deal and congrats!!

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
LOL! Thanks. Your spot on. I will look at the IPD rear sway bar, but I'm enjoying the handling of the car over my R. Can the dealership add the back up camera?
Yes the dealership can add the backup camera, but it won't be cheap; I think its some where around $1000 to add it. I too agree that the S60RD (P3) handles and feels better than the S60R (P2).

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Very nice score, I too have a '13 T6 RD, I must say that I really do like the backup camera, if you can afford it IMHO it's well worth it. ENJOY!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts