SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery today of our Black Inscription with Amber interior and 21 inch wheels. This beauty was on my local dealer's "soon to arrive" list, and had pretty much every option I wanted -- 21 inch wheels, Vision, Climate, Convenience, B&W Premium Sound, 2nd row booster (we have 3 small kids). So, I took the plunge, rather than wait the 90 days to build to my exact specs. I also went ahead and bit the bullet on an extended warranty (7 years, 80k miles). I want to keep this thing around a while, and I felt better having the additional coverage (1st year of new model and all).

So far, the "honeymoon" is in full effect. I'm in LOVE! And a pleasant surprise -- this vehicle did NOT qualify for the complimentary Apple CarPlay, but when I took delivery, the sales guy said "Merry Christmas -- keep this between you and me (wink wink)". Score!

The only issue thus far is with getting my Volvo ID to register. The registration email has a link to complete registration (to set up password, etc.), but the link currently goes to a black page. I called Volvo On Call, and they told me the site is currently down and is being worked. Hopefully by tomorrow I can get that worked out.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Beautiful! Congrats!

Just curious. If you had built your own rather than take one from inventory, what would you have changed?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question. Only very minor changes. Ideally, I wanted that dark blue metallic color (the fancy name escapes me). HUD was another feature that would be nice, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. Otherwise, maybe running boards. But, I assume that's something I could probably have added down the road.

The only other thought -- I had initially been looking at the R design (I love the sporty wheels). If Volvo actually gave the R more performance (hp), I would have gone with the R. But, as it is, the R features seemed to me to be 95% cosmetic only.

At the end of the day, it's hard to complain with the looks of the Inscription with 21s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
478 Posts
But, as it is, the R features seemed to me to be 95% cosmetic only.
Is that 5% paddle shifters? I had an R-Design on order which I changed to an Inscription, because I liked the interior much better on the Inscription. The paddle shifters are the only thing that I have regrets about.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't remember for sure, but isn't there also a sport-tuned suspension on the R?

I couldn't agree more -- the Inscription wood trim is gorgeous. I've had 2 BMW 5 series, and this is the first Volvo I've seen to far exceed the BMW interior.

I'm a happy camper!

·
Registered
559 Posts
It's true, I really think the R-Design could have been so much more if they'd wanted to make it so.

E.g., it wouldn't have been that hard to say bundle features like:

- the Polestar engine tune
- tightened steering response, throttle mapping and suspension
- bigger brakes (e.g., from the T8 model)

I don't think those upgrades would have actually cost that much more to produce and IMO would have made the R-Design a much more compelling value proposition.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
:partywave:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Lovely and congrats, If I have one criticism, it is that you need to get a better quality camera...lol.:D

I am guessing this in Onyx black.My order is for teh same interior with Onyx black.

Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good question. Only very minor changes. Ideally, I wanted that dark blue metallic color (the fancy name escapes me). HUD was another feature that would be nice, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. Otherwise, maybe running boards. But, I assume that's something I could probably have added down the road.

The only other thought -- I had initially been looking at the R design (I love the sporty wheels). If Volvo actually gave the R more performance (hp), I would have gone with the R. But, as it is, the R features seemed to me to be 95% cosmetic only.

At the end of the day, it's hard to complain with the looks of the Inscription with 21s.

It's magic blue. Looks like black sometimes, blue sometimes, and my mom-in-law says brown which I fail to see. But yes, it's a great color! We've always had blue cars and wanted a different color, but we, like you did, took a pre-built car, so we had to accept yet another blue car. Guess what? It's the best color we've ever seen! Very pleased!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Beautiful XC90. Congrats.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Endee77,

No doubt my pictures aren't the best! It's actually an iPhone 6+, so it's not the camera. I blame the photographer and harsh/bright lighting at the dealership. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
@Endee77,

No doubt my pictures aren't the best! It's actually an iPhone 6+, so it's not the camera. I blame the photographer and harsh/bright lighting at the dealership. :)

Congrats, MusicCityHokie!! The car looks great and I recognized the dealer you were at since I'm in Franklin as well. We actually explored placing an OSD order with that dealer but it was clear they had no idea how to do that so we ended up going through Volvo of Nashville who had more OSD experience. In fact, Waltrip basically make no attempt to even get us to order a car at the time (probably September-ish) since their inventory was so limited. We are eagerly anticipating our trip to Sweden in early April!. Small world and congrats again on that beauty!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Beautiful! Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Beautiful! Question...how much was the extended warranty? Were you able to negotiate the extended warranty at all? Being that it's a 1st year of a redesign...I think it's a good choice to have....depending on the cost of course...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Beautiful! Question...how much was the extended warranty? Were you able to negotiate the extended warranty at all? Being that it's a 1st year of a redesign...I think it's a good choice to have....depending on the cost of course...
I also like to know the answers to these questions. IF you don't like to list prices in this forum PLEASE PM us :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm comfortable sharing what I paid for the extended warranty through my Volvo dealer. I went with a 7yr, 80k mi warranty (so, the mfg warranty plus 3yr, 30k mi) -- and they called it a "Gold" level warranty. I "supposedly" got it at his cost, or $1,901.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats, MusicCityHokie!! The car looks great and I recognized the dealer you were at since I'm in Franklin as well. We actually explored placing an OSD order with that dealer but it was clear they had no idea how to do that so we ended up going through Volvo of Nashville who had more OSD experience. In fact, Waltrip basically make no attempt to even get us to order a car at the time (probably September-ish) since their inventory was so limited. We are eagerly anticipating our trip to Sweden in early April!. Small world and congrats again on that beauty!
Hey, a local - nice! Yea, I had talked with my wife about OSD. When I mentioned it to my dealer sales guy (on the test drive), he came out and said, "well, that cuts me out of the deal". And he gave me nothing more. Ha! At least he was shooting straight.

At the end of the day, I just didn't have the patience to wait on OSD. Not to mention we just added baby 3 to the household. Not an ideal time for European travel. :)

1 - 20 of 79 Posts