SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post here. My wife wanted a new S60 because of twilight, i know no need to flog me. Anyway bought her one she loved it. i like the car as well so I purchased another on. Hers Silver, mine ember.

Silver car: this is T6 AWD, dynamic suspension (I think) rides a bit hard. just put the polestar software in it. big difference. has most options except the technology package, roughly 12,000 miles

Ember car: this is T6 AWD, touring suspension (i think) rides softer than the silver car. Put polestar in this one as well. Changed the rims to TSW rims to match the car better. This car has everything including technology package. Like the BLIS and adaptive cruise control. Almost 11,500 miles

My question? well i would like the Ember car to turn better. it just does not turn like the silver car. neither car has the 4C suspension so that just leaves two different options for the suspension. I am looking for suggestions to tighten it up, make it flatter in the turn.

Otherwise I am happy with it. Well could use a sub woofer but working on the doors with dynamat and some acoustic things I know since i did that in another life. Bass is very much improved so far in the front doors, need to work on the rear doors and truck area yet.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Well, why did you spec yours with the touring suspension? You'll need bushings, dampers, and spring rates stiffened to make it handle better. Or basically, completely defeating the purpose of having a touring suspension set-up.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Under the My S60 driver settings, if you don't have anything to adjust driving force than you don't have Dynamic Chassis. Get some spring, rear sway bar, front strut brace in an effort to tighten things up.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not buy either car from an order, my dealer called me with a crazy deal to take the ember car off their lot. it is a OSD car from the dealer. A demo car that well, just put it this way, i could NOT refuse the deal. But I do like the ride, just want to make a bit better. not looking to rebuild it but improve on it to keep it a bit flatter. was thinking larger sway bar, and bushings on the front bar, and end links.

I will post pics of both shortly. wifey is the camera person in the house and she wants to pose both cars. she waited till i had the rims on the car. it has just been crazy hot here in Charlotte the past week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Under the My S60 driver settings, if you don't have anything to adjust driving force than you don't have Dynamic Chassis. Get some spring, rear sway bar, front strut brace in an effort to tighten things up.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
both cars have steering force setting, and shutting off spin control. There is nothing else to control driving force except steering. Just checked the window sticker on the silver, it lists dynamic suspension. i do not have the window sticker for the ember car.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
both cars have steering force setting, and shutting off spin control. There is nothing else to control driving force except steering. Just checked the window sticker on the silver, it lists dynamic suspension. i do not have the window sticker for the ember car.
I don't have the slightest clue why the two drive soo different; what rims came with the Ember car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The silver car has Fredja dray gray 18"x8" rims stock tires.

The ember had stock rims, 18"x8" rims, forgot the name of them. But now it has TSW Silverstone 18"x8" rims in black with stock tires. Either rim has driven the same on the ember car. The ember is just not as flat or tight feeling thru the corners as the silver car.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Different tires on the two by any chance?

Any photos on the door treatments? Did it reduce the bass rattles in the door panels? This is
something I am interested in doing but I've never used sound dampening materials before.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Definitely try the IPD rear swaybar. It makes a big improvement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rear sway bar it is. wish they had a front bar as well.

I will post pics of the car soon. and I will post a new thread on the sound proofing i have done on the doors. $50 in materials and some time is all it takes. Front doors come apart super easy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts